PDA

View Full Version : MINOLTA C451 lines!!!!!

Custom Search

copytrust
09-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Hey guys i need some help over here, i have a client his machine is making this weird lines i am posting some photos, on cyan-magenta-yellow the lines are exactly the same, but on black they are different,
do you have any suggestions???

please forgive me for my english...

EarthKmTech
09-15-2014, 12:17 PM
clearly you never worked on these machines when they were new.

replace the MFP board, preferably with new RAM at the same time.

Yes, this is a VERY expensive failure.

unless your capable of replacing the SMD ram chips on the bottom of the mfp board, you could give that a go first. Ofcourse you can also use a second hand mfp board too, just make sure you use the original NVram associated with this machine, and update the FW when your done.

Zeldaman
09-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Hi there!
This looks like the MFP-Board is gone. Had similar issue on 2 machines - 2x MFP-board!
Greetings...

copytrust
09-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the reply guys

EarthKmTech Re: MINOLTA C451 lines!!!!!
clearly you never worked on these machines when they were new.

Ok you got me there its true, never work with this machines while they were new!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
i did thought it was an electrical problem so i tried to replace the SDRAMS and nothing changed...
anyway thank you again i will inform my client for that.

Synaux
09-18-2014, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the reply guys

Ok you got me there its true, never work with this machines while they were new!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
i did thought it was an electrical problem so i tried to replace the SDRAMS and nothing changed...
anyway thank you again i will inform my client for that.

I second the ram (you can try cleaning the contacts with 91% alcohol and a rubber eraser).
If you need a MFP board, I might have one for sale.

Also, you might want to try cleaning all the connectors/contacts on the MFP board with contact cleaner

Custom Search