PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C452 - Unable to print from network

Custom Search

Gskillzz
09-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Hello,

One of our clients has a Bizhub C452, they have never had issues with it until yesterday when it stopped printing from network. On all of the end user computers the printer will show offline.

-I am able to ping the printer from server and end user computers
-I can access the web settings of the unit
-I verified no duplicate IP address and also tried a seperate IP
-When adding printer to computer it does detect the printer and model and selects the correct driver but after adding it the printer will show offline.
-I have also shut the unit down for a few minutes as well
-Copying functions work fine

Users advise there are no error messages on the screen, any ideas why users cannot print from network? I have never worked with Konica Minoltas before so much of the administrative side is new to me.

Thanks in advance!

blackcat4866
09-18-2014, 12:21 AM
I think I'd start by setting up the crossover to my laptop, totally ruling out the network. =^..^=

Mr Spock
09-18-2014, 12:33 AM
are you adding copier as new install with new drivers locally or pointing to a server and pulling it from there?
Also do what blackcat mentioned.

emujo
09-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Under printer properties, ensure that you can get the settings using "obtain device info" if this fails, then you have an SNMP issue and will cause an off line message. Usually this is caused by a driver/firmware mismatch, but can also be a firewall/antivirus issue. The ping function, and web browser use different ports to communicate, so these tests will only establish communication. Emujo

Custom Search