PDA

View Full Version : MFP Firmware reload on C224e

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

adeyemi
09-18-2014, 02:10 PM
I replaced the MFP board and i need to reload the firmware. I downloaded the A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00) firmware for this purpose, but i have not been able to relaod it on the machine. I think the problem i have is that i have not been able to prepare the usb stick i am using properly. Can someone explain in detail to me the exact format in which i will place my firmware on the usb so that the machine sees the firmware automatically when it boots up with the usb stick in its service port. Other advice on how to get the new MFP board working will also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

D Colour
09-18-2014, 03:30 PM
The usb stick needs to be formatted in FAT32 for a start - I think ive read up to 4gb in size is also recommended.

You need to copy the files to the root of the drive, ive downloaded the G20-G9 firmware and loaded it onto a pen drive.

You have to extract the files to a folder, then move them into the root directory of the pen drive

Should look something like this......

Is it a brand new MFP board you are fitting?

adeyemi
09-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Hi D Colour,
Thank you so much for your post. I'll try the format you gave me on my machine. And YES, I'm installing a new MFPB. Thanks

adeyemi
09-18-2014, 05:01 PM
I believe these files in your pen drive are from the "A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00)" folder of the G20-G9. What about the "cw" folder and one other file named "mktar_ZeusMLK". Do i just ignore them? Thanks

D Colour
09-18-2014, 05:14 PM
I believe these files in your pen drive are from the "A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00)" folder of the G20-G9. What about the "cw" folder and one other file named "mktar_ZeusMLK". Do i just ignore them? Thanks

Yes,thats correct, just ignore them. Just the files/folders from the A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00) folder.

Kidaver
09-18-2014, 08:15 PM
I have seen on this series of machines they can be very finicky about USB drives...I can take one USB drive that works in machine and try it on another machine which gives me a big F YOU....and most the usb drives I do use are the ones they gave me in Konica Minolta classes lol....

emujo
09-18-2014, 08:25 PM
After the board replacement, you must 1st enter the machine type. This option comes up with the firmware reload screen. Pick your 2 options and reboot the MFP, then reload firmware. I notice you are loading G20 firmware..This is a special LK101v3 firmware and should not be used with a non-LK MFP...Emujo

adeyemi
09-18-2014, 09:32 PM
After the board replacement, you must 1st enter the machine type. This option comes up with the firmware reload screen. Pick your 2 options and reboot the MFP, then reload firmware. I notice you are loading G20 firmware..This is a special LK101v3 firmware and should not be used with a non-LK MFP...Emujo

I have not been able to get the machine type screen to come up

wseyller
09-19-2014, 01:04 AM
One time on my USB drive with the E series I had to do a full format to my USB drive. Not the quick format as it still wouldn't work and I had to uncheck the quick format and my drive has worked flawless many times on the E series since. It will take a long time to do this type of format maybe 30 min to an hour. Also if you have a data light on the drive make sure it is blinking when the mfp board is reading it during the time it loads the firmware program. Yes the machine fix is important as the board part number is the same for all E series but this tells the board which model you installed it into for it to work correctly.

jr2748
03-10-2015, 12:08 AM
A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00) is this the latest MFP firmware for bizhub c224e?

wseyller
03-10-2015, 01:10 AM
No G9 is not the latest. It is K2. Just remember that G20-K2 is the LK version for the i-option license. G00-K2 is the normal firmware without license option.

jr2748
03-10-2015, 02:29 AM
No G9 is not the latest. It is K2. Just remember that G20-K2 is the LK version for the i-option license. G00-K2 is the normal firmware without license option.

i had an issue with the ssdb it started rebooting over and over again. i had a spare ssd from a c284e so i installed it, updated ssd with A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m and it booted up fine. i then updated the MFP firmware with A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9. this is a c224e machine date sept. 2013. no blue dot on tag or white dot on ssd. the machine boots up fine and prints. do you think this will prevent future ssd reboot problem theses machines were plagued with or should i just get a new ssd board? also the factory service mode pass of 9272927292729272 then "end" will not work anymore. it just remarks "incorrect password wait for a while" same for admin pass that was "1234567812345678" it no longer works either. is there a factory reset i can do? i do not care about the data?

jr2748
03-10-2015, 02:37 AM

what exactly does "G20-K2 is the LK version for the i-option license. G00-K2 is the normal firmware without license option" mean? i am using this machine for personal office use. i picked it up from a thrift store. it had been dropped and was pretty banged up but it was new never used. i tore the whole thing down to frame and bent it back in shape. had a transfer belt error that i found was a loose ground. it was working fine until the repeat reboot ssd problem.

jr2748
03-10-2015, 11:42 PM
i am not sure if this link is of any help to anyone but i looks like it has some of the bizhub firmware people been asking for here myself included. looks like some of it may be out of date. i am very new here and can not guarantee its the firmware for the bizhub so please confirm before using it. i am still trying to get a clear answers on some of my machines problems but the the info flows very slow here.

http://upload.olivettifrance.fr/index.php?dir=Machine%20Couleur/Copieur%20Couleur/D-Color%20MF452Plus-552Plus/Firmware/&sort=filename&sort_mode=d

Any how i am new to this board and have basically run across it looking for some help with my new printer i picked up at a bargain store. The c224e was pretty banged up but i got it working. tore it down to the frame straightened it out and got her printing. Its become a hobby and i find the machine interesting especially since it cost me just $50. But to be honest the impression i am getting in this board is that this is not a very friendly group here. Actually the overall feeling is one of a bunch of clannish stuck up know it all glorified copy repair guys that are not really interested in helping anyone. It may sound a bit harsh but that the impression i am getting. Post by new users are usually answers with questions and attitude. and novice end users are basically given attitude. I own a cleaning business and frequent many cleaners forums and for the most part we try to make an honest effort to help anyone we can. even if its a home owner who is trying to figure out how to do their own work. We help each other out too especially new guys just getting into the trade and yes possibly our future competition. Well that's my two cents for what its worth. i am waiting for the copytech wrath here lol.

wseyller
03-11-2015, 02:08 AM
This board to most is considered to be techs helping out others techs. It wasn't really meant for end users or someone doing this as a hobby.
Many users here expect the posters to have some level of knowledge and experience of copiers and the electro-photographic process of laser printer theory

Every once in a while you see a post with someone trying to fix their copier when they have no clue what they are doing. We can tell from the type of questions and responses given. Ive seen suggestions to go find a real tech to those people. And in many of those cases it was good advice as they would likely make their copier worse than it is.

I personally don't care usually. I dont mind helping someone out if I have time. But at the same time I won't hold someone's hand through ever turn of every screw.

jr2748
03-11-2015, 04:25 AM
This board to most is considered to be techs helping out others techs. It wasn't really meant for end users or someone doing this as a hobby.
Many users here expect the posters to have some level of knowledge and experience of copiers and the electro-photographic process of laser printer theory

Every once in a while you see a post with someone trying to fix their copier when they have no clue what they are doing. We can tell from the type of questions and responses given. Ive seen suggestions to go find a real tech to those people. And in many of those cases it was good advice as they would likely make their copier worse than it is.

I personally don't care usually. I don't mind helping someone out if I have time. But at the same time I won't hold someone's hand through ever turn of every screw.

Basically you just did exactly what i was talking about, answered my question with nothing! If you dont mind helping out why didn't you offer something of value?

But to be honest these machines are not that complicated if you just do a bit of reading. as i mentioned the unit i am working on looked like a truck ran over it. it required full disassembly down to the frame and even then when it was put back together it was spitting out code C2152. a bit of reading of the repair manual lead me to a bad ground on the transfer belt assembly that was easily rectified. So basically i had no more issues and a working machine until it started the notorious constant rebooting caused the the ssdb. i have asked for help here several times but nothing. While waiting for some response here i did some more searching and i ended up borrowing an ssdb from another banged up unit i have. i updated it with ssd repair tool that i found on this board (kudos to the guy who posted the link to that file). Lots of post on the ssd problem but not too many offering to help "for real". I was asking for help with a MFP firmware update and not too much help either. I found what i hope is a good update after digging around for days. But as i stand now with my machine is that i updated ssd with (A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m) and updated firmware with (A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9 (1) i know the firmware is not the latest but i think the newer one will require some switch adjustments so i have held off on it. in short the machine does work and print, so far. The main issue i have been trying to pry some help with is that i can no longer log in to service mode with password 9272927292729272 and in the admin with pass of 1234567812345678 does not work in admin section. other than that i think i am ok. as for your comment about this board "It wasn't really meant for end users or someone doing this as a hobby" i will let you know that i clean carpet for a living and before i got this machine about 3 weeks ago i have never touched a piece of equipment like it before. oh did i mention that i never even graduated from high school, which is probably evident form my lack of writing skills. Before you judge a persons abilities you may want to exercise a bit of patience and you may find that what you yourself initially found very difficult to comprehend and learn may actually be very easy for someone else. Someone who thinks they know more than every one else is not smart they are arrogant.

pepper38_cnd
03-11-2015, 11:48 AM
jr2748 it doesn't sound like anyone was questioning your ability! Obviously you've succeeded in taking the machine appart and putting it back together again, you've read the manual and searched the forums for solutions. But it appears you missed this one important caution ( here it is directly from the service manual ):

5.4.10 SSD board (SSDB)
NOTE
• Never use the combination of the used SSD board removed from another machine and the original MFP board. This combination
causes corruption of stored data.
Note that the combination of the original SSD board and the used MFP board removed from another machine also causes the
same problem.
• Do not replace the printer control board and the SSD board with new ones at the same time. The backup data is lost and image
failure may be caused.
• Do not replace the MFP board and the SSD board with new ones at the same time.

Now several Field Letters and Tech Bulletins have been published on this, and it is to tell the truth a trained techs night mare! But I believe you now have a machine that is beyond repair without changing the MFP Board and SSD Board which seems impossible based on the caution from the Service Manual.

jr2748
03-11-2015, 01:33 PM
yes i can see that now. i was looking over bulletin TAEU1300521EN and i guess i looked over it to quickly and just zoned in on borrowing a ssd board from another machine to test. it does clearly say "To analyze the failure swap MFPB and SSDB as a set". Ok so i made a mistake but it cant be the end of the world the machines boots up and works fine. my problem is that i cant get the password for service mode to work. so what would you recommend? i have a c284e for spare parts. the c284e is where i borrowed the ssd from.

emujo
03-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Basically you just did exactly what i was talking about, answered my question with nothing! If you dont mind helping out why didn't you offer something of value?

".

You Hijacked this thread, posted a link that may or may not be of any use (I'm certainly not going to use it), then complain that you're not getting any real help, then you find that you just skimmed through the bulletin and induced your own problem, but somehow Wyseller's the bad guy here. According to KM's data base, if you replace two boards at the same time, you're screwed. How much more help can we give you? BTW, we had a MFP fall off the truck here...want to buy it? Emujo

habik
03-11-2015, 04:33 PM
I replaced the MFP board and i need to reload the firmware. I downloaded the A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00) firmware for this purpose, but i have not been able to relaod it on the machine. I think the problem i have is that i have not been able to prepare the usb stick i am using properly. Can someone explain in detail to me the exact format in which i will place my firmware on the usb so that the machine sees the firmware automatically when it boots up with the usb stick in its service port. Other advice on how to get the new MFP board working will also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

4. How to install
4.1. How to install program
Use USB memory to install. For the details, see the Service Manual.
Conditions for USB memory which can be used for updating the firmware are as follows:
- Securities such as data encryption and password lock shall be released, or the security function shall be turned Off.
- Memory with 1 GB to 2 GB are recommended (One with 4 GB or more may not operate)
- Compatible with USB Version 1.0/2.0 interface
- Formatted with FAT32 type
- A USB flash memory that appears as multiple drives on a computer cannot be used.

jr2748
03-11-2015, 05:10 PM
You Hijacked this thread, posted a link that may or may not be of any use (I'm certainly not going to use it), then complain that you're not getting any real help, then you find that you just skimmed through the bulletin and induced your own problem, but somehow Wyseller's the bad guy here. According to KM's data base, if you replace two boards at the same time, you're screwed. How much more help can we give you? BTW, we had a MFP fall off the truck here...want to buy it? Emujo

yes i made a mistake and you are still providing nothing of value here. i have an idea, why not suggest a solution instead of beating me up for not being as smart as you lol. "what you do to the least of you you do to me" hmm who said that?

As i said the machine boots up and prints fine. there must be some solution to reset or gain access to the service mode. i have used the default password but it does not accept it anymore. the reason i have been posting here is that i tried to start a new thread but it would not post.

i would greatly appreciate some help. if that what this forum is intended for then maybe some one will step up.

jr2748
03-11-2015, 05:22 PM
4. How to install
4.1. How to install program
Use USB memory to install. For the details, see the Service Manual.
Conditions for USB memory which can be used for updating the firmware are as follows:
- Securities such as data encryption and password lock shall be released, or the security function shall be turned Off.
- Memory with 1 GB to 2 GB are recommended (One with 4 GB or more may not operate)
- Compatible with USB Version 1.0/2.0 interface
- Formatted with FAT32 type
- A USB flash memory that appears as multiple drives on a computer cannot be used.

i tried a 4 gb mem stick to load firmware and it did not work. i bought a new 2 gig stick and it worked like a charm.

emujo
03-11-2015, 05:45 PM
yes i made a mistake and you are still providing nothing of value here. i have an idea, why not suggest a solution instead of beating me up for not being as smart as you lol. "what you do to the least of you you do to me" hmm who said that?

As i said the machine boots up and prints fine. there must be some solution to reset or gain access to the service mode. i have used the default password but it does not accept it anymore. the reason i have been posting here is that i tried to start a new thread but it would not post.

i would greatly appreciate some help. if that what this forum is intended for then maybe some one will step up.

From the service manual---- NEVER forget the CE password. When forgetting the CE password, call responsible person of KM.

What else of value are you looking for? You have ***Ked up your machine and w/o a KM tech you cannot go any further. There are items that KM can replace to get you back up and running but there is no "secret" code (that us low life field techs have) that can bypass this. Props for being able to tear down and rebuild your MFP though....

wseyller
03-12-2015, 12:44 AM
Here is how you reset the CE Password.

Stop, 0, 0, Stop, 0, 1

At the Input password screen press Stop, Clear

Press "request code input" in which you will be given a request code.

Login into the Konica Minolta "License Management System" referred to as "LMS"

Choose "Issue a reset code"

Enter the serial number, mac address, and the request code then press "Issue"

Enter the generated reset code into the MFP.

Good luck finding a KM tech on this forum to do this for you. It is highly frowned upon by Konica Minolta and could cost someone their access and possibly their job. And since you took an SSD which basically is also the NVRAM from another machine which you are not supposed to do I am not even sure this will work for you. You possibly contaminated the system data on your machine. The MFP, SSD, and PRCB all back each other up. This is why you can't change more than one board at the same time. You might have to put in a brand new SSD board which konica minolta won't sell you and there is no part number for one either. I can't even get one without giving Konica Minolta a good reason.

It don't matter how smart you are even how much experience you have on copiers in general. Without going thru the proper training I could mechanically work on this series all day long just from general copier knowledge. But there are specifics to this model that if are not carried out properly you will end up with a very big paper weight.

jr2748
03-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Here is how you reset the CE Password.

Stop, 0, 0, Stop, 0, 1

At the Input password screen press Stop, Clear

Press "request code input" in which you will be given a request code.

Login into the Konica Minolta "License Management System" referred to as "LMS"

Choose "Issue a reset code"

Enter the serial number, mac address, and the request code then press "Issue"

Enter the generated reset code into the MFP.

Good luck finding a KM tech on this forum to do this for you. It is highly frowned upon by Konica Minolta and could cost someone their access and possibly their job. And since you took an SSD which basically is also the NVRAM from another machine which you are not supposed to do I am not even sure this will work for you. You possibly contaminated the system data on your machine. The MFP, SSD, and PRCB all back each other up. This is why you can't change more than one board at the same time. You might have to put in a brand new SSD board which konica minolta won't sell you and there is no part number for one either. I can't even get one without giving Konica Minolta a good reason.

It don't matter how smart you are even how much experience you have on copiers in general. Without going thru the proper training I could mechanically work on this series all day long just from general copier knowledge. But there are specifics to this model that if are not carried out properly you will end up with a very big paper weight.

thanks for your help. It is obvious that your devoted to your trade and considerate enough to at least steer me in the right direction and i thank you for that. I have gotten that far and had that screen up but was not sure what to do with it. it looks like i will need to call KM and try to see if they will help me out. I have a feeling from the impression i am getting here that it will be a pain.

on another note, looking at this experience with this printer and what i have learned here i can only say i am really concerned with what our country has come to. Basically i have a piece of equipment that i own out right in my possession that i should be able to use. not unlike any another piece of equipment such as a tv, toaster, or any other appliance for that mater. why should i as an American in a free country have to get permission and beg some one to use my personal property. I own this machine. if i would have paid the thousands of dollars that these things cost and decided to tinker with it and needed to get my password back and had to go through this much trouble i would really be pist. In all honesty i find having to call KM to reset the password to my equipment bull! I am sure they have a ton of ways that they can try to pull that off but consider this. Our vehicles have become very complex and even though the manufactures try to implement systems that require us to get dealer service we as the owners of that car can still obtain the necessary tools and equipment to fix them ourselves. there are a ton of aftermarket solutions to even trick out the computers and get custom performance out of our vehicles, and that's the way it should be with our personal property. Any how looks like i need some professional help here. if some one here has the time and interest please get a hold of me and i would be happy to work out some compensation for your help. here is my machines status.

1. c224e manufacture date 2013 sept. machine was new never used no real setup except setting up ip address. default passwords worked for both service mode and admin.
2. machine was working fine until the constant reboot problem that was attributed to the known faulty ssdb
3. no blue dot on plate and no white dot on ssd.
4. i have a damaged complete c284e for spare parts
5. borrowed ssd card from spare machine (c284e) and installed it in the non booting c224e machine then booted up fine and printed no problems but the ip addressees was not the same as before so i had to change on the computer for it to print.
6. updated ssd with ssd repair tool (A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m) to prevent the reboot problem.
7. booted up machine and it worked fine. shut it down
8 updated MFP firmware with (A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9)
9. booted up works fine but ip address changed again so i updated on computer again and it booted up and prints fine.

yes i now know that the MFPB and SSDB should have been tested on the non booting machine as a set. it would also require setting the machine type as well. But that is all done an over with and i would like to move forward.

my only current problem that i know of ( looks like all other options on system are fine) is that i can not get the default passwords for both service mode or admin mode to work. i am using the standard 9272 x4 for serv mode and 1-8 x2 for admin. i can not log in and set system settings.

thanks again to those of you that have reached out to help.

wseyller
03-12-2015, 03:24 AM
You may have to find a KM dealer. Calling KM direct may get you nowhere if you don't have a tech ID currently listed under a KM dealer. I have never tried to called them without a certified tech ID so I don't know for sure but just from my experience of how they operate I am willing to bet this.

When ever it comes to NVRAM Konica Minolta and some other manufactures will safe guard it because it could allow someone to reset meter count on a device and try to sell it as new. It would be like you rolling back the mileage on your vehicle to gain an advantage in a sale. Also because security these days is very important to some businesses. The CE password once known and someone is knowledgeable enough can compromise the equipment and do whatever they want. The admin password change be changed easily but only if you can get by the CE password.

Edit: also it looks like you went from G00-A9 to G20-G9

The G00 is the standard base firmware. The G20 is for when you purchase the i-option license. Don't know what the effect of you leaving it at the G20 but I have been told to never use it unless you will be installing the i-option license which is what that firmware is designed for. There are different i-option licenses, but the most common is to add the web browser which requires additional memory stick. The web browser is normally used for Bizhub marketplace apps or in our most common reason is for an embedded print management interface that uses the web browser as a back end.

So if you do have to get a tech out make sure they don't over look the firmware and have them change it.

What you want instead of G20-G9 you want G00-G9. Or better yet there has been a J5, J6, J9, and now a G00-K2 which is the latest as of now.

jr2748
03-12-2015, 05:06 AM
You may have to find a KM dealer. Calling KM direct may get you nowhere if you don't have a tech ID currently listed under a KM dealer. I have never tried to called them without a certified tech ID so I don't know for sure but just from my experience of how they operate I am willing to bet this.

When ever it comes to NVRAM Konica Minolta and some other manufactures will safe guard it because it could allow someone to reset meter count on a device and try to sell it as new. It would be like you rolling back the mileage on your vehicle to gain an advantage in a sale. Also because security these days is very important to some businesses. The CE password once known and someone is knowledgeable enough can compromise the equipment and do whatever they want. The admin password change be changed easily but only if you can get by the CE password.

Edit: also it looks like you went from G00-A9 to G20-G9

The G00 is the standard base firmware. The G20 is for when you purchase the i-option license. Don't know what the effect of you leaving it at the G20 but I have been told to never use it unless you will be installing the i-option license which is what that firmware is designed for. There are different i-option licenses, but the most common is to add the web browser which requires additional memory stick. The web browser is normally used for Bizhub marketplace apps or in our most common reason is for an embedded print management interface that uses the web browser as a back end.

So if you do have to get a tech out make sure they don't over look the firmware and have them change it.

What you want instead of G20-G9 you want G00-G9. Or better yet there has been a J5, J6, J9, and now a G00-K2 which is the latest as of now.

awesome i really appreciate that info. correct me if i am wrong but i think i ran across somewhere that some of those firmware updates require setting some dip switches on the board? does anyone know about that? also could the fact that the ssd was updated with A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m and the MFP firmware G20-G9 have an effect perhaps? or do the two have nothing to do with each other?

wseyller
03-12-2015, 12:18 PM
The new SSD version is 6.05m which would be included in the newer firmwares.

The softswitch setting is for the function version. Latest K2 supports version 7 which is switch 25 set to hex 60.

jr2748
03-12-2015, 03:39 PM
The new SSD version is 6.05m which would be included in the newer firmwares.

The softswitch setting is for the function version. Latest K2 supports version 7 which is switch 25 set to hex 60.

ok so switch 25 hex 60 what about bit assignment? also at what point do i set the switch, before i reboot with firmware upgrade or after? or do i need to boot machine in some other mode? like i said if someone wants to get with me on PM or phone get a hold of me and i will be happy to compensate you for your troubles.

MFPTech
03-12-2015, 03:40 PM
I agree with wseyller, this forum is for techs helping out each other. In most cases the tech that needs help is expected to have done the diligence first. I personally don't have the time to provide free detailed help to end users and i pay for the services that i get from professionals of other trades. I find it remarkable that many techs are going extra miles trying to help jr2748 after his unpleasant comments about this forum.

MFPTech
03-12-2015, 04:06 PM
As a matter of fact all the copier companies i worked for have the same policy "do not share technical information with the customer". Maybe that's where the techs attitude come from.

emujo
03-12-2015, 04:14 PM
The SSD, MFP board/HDD, and Printer Control Board are a little triad that work together. Any 2 of these items can work together to back up s/n and counter info to a new 3rd item. That's why you don't ever want to replace more than one at a time. You can say this is overkill and it's your MFP so you should be able to do what you want, but KM builds these for customers who are concerned with things like HDD security, counterfeiting, HIPPA rules and regs, and so on. No matter what you try, if you can't get into admin mode or service mode because of a lost or corrupt CE password, you are dependent on a higher level of KM support. You can reload firmware, but you can't access service mode to change the function version(Which, BTW, will not resolve this issue). An earlier poster mention LMS and Licensing as a possible fix, but this won't help as you aren't dealing with a License error. There is a procedure to reset the CE password for situations like this, but part of the process is done with KM SSD on the phone with the tech handing out the CE Password Request Code for the techs use only. Call KM in your area, they can get this fixed but you will be billed. Any value with this????Emujo

Went back and looked at Wysellers post about the CE password reset and he's correct, but there is nothing on the LMS server dealing with CE passwords, just LK errors, and a customer wouldn't have this kind of access anyway.

jr2748
03-12-2015, 05:00 PM
I agree with wseyller, this forum is for techs helping out each other. In most cases the tech that needs help is expected to have done the diligence first. I personally don't have the time to provide free detailed help to end users and i pay for the services that i get from professionals of other trades. I find it remarkable that many techs are going extra miles trying to help jr2748 after his unpleasant comments about this forum.

you are very typical of what my first impression of this board was. if you would have read a bit more of what my post have been lately you would find that i have offered several times to compensate someone for their help and expertise. That offer is still available. The fact that you have the nerve to suggest i have not exercised due diligence before asking for help further supports that you have not read my post. I greatly appreciate the support i have been receiving from some very kind individuals here. I suspect they love thier trade and like most people that are immersed in their craft they also enjoy the challenge. I would kindly ask that if any one here does not have anything constructive to add to my quest to fix my machine to please refrain from partaking an further.

emujo
03-12-2015, 05:12 PM
You can post whatever you want, and so can I. (nanny nanny booboo). You can't pay someone to do this on the side, only KM can issue the reset code.

I think we need some "tough love" for this guy. Please fellow techs, no matter what he offers, or no matter how he begs, don't give out the super secret CE Password reset magical solution.

wseyller
03-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Went back and looked at Wysellers post about the CE password reset and he's correct, but there is nothing on the LMS server dealing with CE passwords, just LK errors, and a customer wouldn't have this kind of access anyway.

I found this in a knowledge base article with instructions and pictures. I havent tried it but claims it can be reset from a sub section within LMS.

Maybe they had it once and then removed it from the site. Who knows.

emujo
03-12-2015, 05:20 PM
And at this point, who even cares..LOL

jr2748
03-12-2015, 05:21 PM
The SSD, MFP board/HDD, and Printer Control Board are a little triad that work together. Any 2 of these items can work together to back up s/n and counter info to a new 3rd item. That's why you don't ever want to replace more than one at a time. You can say this is overkill and it's your MFP so you should be able to do what you want, but KM builds these for customers who are concerned with things like HDD security, counterfeiting, HIPPA rules and regs, and so on. No matter what you try, if you can't get into admin mode or service mode because of a lost or corrupt CE password, you are dependent on a higher level of KM support. You can reload firmware, but you can't access service mode to change the function version(Which, BTW, will not resolve this issue). An earlier poster mention LMS and Licensing as a possible fix, but this won't help as you aren't dealing with a License error. There is a procedure to reset the CE password for situations like this, but part of the process is done with KM SSD on the phone with the tech handing out the CE Password Request Code for the techs use only. Call KM in your area, they can get this fixed but you will be billed. Any value with this????Emujo

emujo thank you very much and yes, very valuable and honest advice. I can tell from your attitude that you are probably very successful in your business. I own and operate a cleaning service business for over 20 years and have always tried to be as helpful as possible to both my customers and fellow tradesmen. Countless times i have had a customer call me and ask how to DIY their floors or get stains out and i always try to help and educate them on their project as honestly as possible and without talking down to them. I cant tell you how many times i have picked up work from that person later on or even had them just give up on their project and deiced to just have us take care of it. its called good business. yes i am and end user but i am also a potential customer. "emujo" most of what you mentioned here i have kind of already figured out. you took the time to educate me in what i need to do. You have helped me to further confirm that i have reached a point that i can not get my CE password reset without KM and that that will require working with a KM certified tech. You didn't insult or offend me while explaining that to me either. If you would be kind enough to contact me i would like to retain your services in assisting me to resolve my equipments problem.

jr2748
03-12-2015, 05:24 PM
You can post whatever you want, and so can I. (nanny nanny booboo). You can't pay someone to do this on the side, only KM can issue the reset code.

I think we need some "tough love" for this guy. Please fellow techs, no matter what he offers, or no matter how he begs, don't give out the super secret CE Password reset magical solution.

wow you had me fooled. talk about a pancake.

wseyller
03-12-2015, 05:28 PM
And at this point, who even cares..LOL

LOL yeah for sure. But I did find it interesting in case I ever needed it. The knowledge base article mentions to Access LMS for Administrator. It does have alot more options to select from than I get. Not sure if a service manager would have access or just the Solutions Support Division for KM.

wseyller
03-12-2015, 05:36 PM
wow you had me fooled. talk about a pancake.

Emujo is right. You not gonna be able to get anywhere with someone on this forum. For one we can't reset you password especially after looking and found that we don't have access to the site that creates the reset code. Nobody would do it if they could. I've probably already overstep my agreement to not release confidential information. If I were to call in to Konica Minolta for your machine I would probably get terminated from my job since all of my support tickets to Konica Minolta are logged by my management.

jr2748
03-12-2015, 05:39 PM
LOL yeah for sure. But I did find it interesting in case I ever needed it. The knowledge base article mentions to Access LMS for Administrator. It does have alot more options to select from than I get. Not sure if a service manager would have access or just the Solutions Support Division for KM.

very true. At the end of the day here this is all good information for future reference.

Trigger
03-12-2015, 05:53 PM
I bought a carpet washer the other day, it was a steal! cost me $2! after it was drove over by an 18 wheeler i epoxied it back together.
My only problem is now it blows instead of sucks!!!!:eek:
Any advice on this would be grateful as i only have google and forums at my disposal.

Many thanks Trigger.

btw i have a broom to sell... open to offers

jr2748
03-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Emujo is right. You not gonna be able to get anywhere with someone on this forum. For one we can't reset you password especially after looking and found that we don't have access to the site that creates the reset code. Nobody would do it if they could. I've probably already overstep my agreement to not release confidential information. If I were to call in to Konica Minolta for your machine I would probably get terminated from my job since all of my support tickets to Konica Minolta are logged by my management.

hey guys i get it. To be honest i probably should have had a little more patience and couth on my part when i started out on this forum. But by way of explanation and not an excuse try to see it from my end. I have a piece or personal property that i own and it is riddled with blockades that prevent me from working on it myself. some of those blockades are my lack of knowledge about the equipment and that can be resolved by me if i am persistent enough though due diligence in learning the way the machine works. The other blockade is what has frustrated me the most and why i was probably so snappy out of the gate and again i could have probably handled that better. But it just burns my *ss that i cant get access to the core of my machine. Its my property what the heck is that man. Its like getting locked out of your house because you mess up and leave the keys inside and the builder tells you "only i can get you in your house now" lol. Any way to those of you who made and honest effort to help out thank you. I know you went across the grain and it did not make you very popular here lol. i did get a good understanding of what i need to do to resolve my issue. So in that much i can say that this board did end up being quite useful. Kudos to you.

jr2748
03-12-2015, 06:02 PM
I bought a carpet washer the other day, it was a steal! cost me $2! after it was drove over by an 18 wheeler i epoxied it back together.
Any advice on this would be grateful as i only have google and forums at my disposal.

Many thanks Trigger.

i would start blowing insulation with it. i hear there is good money in that.

i am sure the guys at mikesboard would be happy to help you out as well and with a whole lot less attitude.

The World's Greatest Carpet Cleaning Forum | Mikey's Board (http://mikeysboard.com/)

Whatshisbutt is my user name

jr2748
03-12-2015, 06:09 PM

Many thanks Trigger.

also very juvenile Trigger, obvious your very new here and trying to fit in like a high schooler. You and i are still 0 rep power but i have you outranked and out posted "Junior Member" lol.

Trigger
03-12-2015, 06:38 PM
also very juvenile Trigger, obvious your very new here and trying to fit in like a high schooler. You and i are still 0 rep power but i have you outranked and out posted "Junior Member" lol.

I think you'll find friend i have enough to do with my job than helping a jobs worth on his copier woes. I am a junior member due to the fact my fellow copier repair associates do a great job on helping each other out, i dont see the need for my 2 cents in every post. Just so you know you have had your answer to your problem many times in this post. You used an example of locking your keys in your house and the "builder" saying only i can get in your house, surely you would pay the builder to let you in your home and not demand him to let you in for free? Your approach to this forum has been nothing but RUDE. I advise you contact your local KM dealer and ask how to resolve your issue.
God bless the copier guy who lives in miami LOL.

Trigger,

jr2748
03-12-2015, 07:07 PM
I think you'll find friend i have enough to do with my job than helping a jobs worth on his copier woes. I am a junior member due to the fact my fellow copier repair associates do a great job on helping each other out, i dont see the need for my 2 cents in every post. Just so you know you have had your answer to your problem many times in this post. You used an example of locking your keys in your house and the "builder" saying only i can get in your house, surely you would pay the builder to let you in your home and not demand him to let you in for free? Your approach to this forum has been nothing but RUDE. I advise you contact your local KM dealer and ask how to resolve your issue.
God bless the copier guy who lives in miami LOL.

Trigger,

thank you for your blessing hopefully its genuine. but i have offered many times to pay a tech for help here, but no one wants my money.:confused: my beef is with the fact that i have to go through way too much in my opinion to work on my own equipment. i have no problem with paying someone for their services. I can completely understand the investment of becoming certified in ones trade. I am certified through many entities within the cleaning and restoration associations that govern our industry i have invested thousands in certification for both myself and my employees. There is more to restoring textiles and mitigating water and fire losses than one might think. at the end of the day all i did was come here for help. Some did and others not too much. i already apologized for getting off on the wrong foot. thanks again for your response although i see very little value in it.
Proverbs 19:29

MFPTech
03-13-2015, 02:53 PM
I love helping people if i have the answer, and not because it's two way street. As i said, i don't have the time for giving detailed help to endusers. My good and bad eperience has taught me how far to go and have found a little bit of truth in the saying, "no good deed shall go unpunished".

The diligence expected from endusers is their tries contacting local dealers / independent techs. You didn't prove that you have done that and it's odd you offer to pay here ....

Don't want to discourage you from coming here for help. I learn when i hear things from endusers point of view.
In regards to paying, i hear that many members/technicians donate to this forum to keep it going.

Cheers

habik
03-13-2015, 03:07 PM
I love helping people if i have the answer, but how far do i go? As i said, i don't have the time for detailed help. Experience has taught me how far to go. diligence expected from endusers is their tries contacting local dealers /

True, but Internet thought us to cut corners, hence why some dealers struggle.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Elmo
03-13-2015, 03:43 PM
There is kinda a big hint in the name COPYTECHNET
the forum is mainly for copier techs to help other copier techs

end users come here expecting miracles after they have taken it upon them selves to mess up there machines

obviously you have a electro mechanical background which helps
i agree with you that you should be able to do what you want with your own equipment
but why do you expect the members of this forum to supply you with the information
then get upset when they dont

attitude and knowledge is key
if you come on with i need ,i want, im not getting
this does not go down too well with a lot of people

starting your own thread, explaining a little about your abilities and asking for help
would have got you alot more help
but hey what do i know ive only been in the trade for 30 years

Custom Search