PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed Detected

Custom Search

twelfthjoe
09-21-2014, 04:34 AM
My BizHub C550 jammed up pretty bad and the paper ripped when I tried to remove it. I am sure I got all the paper out. Now when I go to print or copy something it prints out and the paper comes out of the finisher just fine it also works without the finisher attached. But whenever the first page comes out it then say Misfeed Detected. (But the page is already out ) Remove paper indicated by 0. I looked and looked I don't see any paper at all where its saying to look. Ill attach some photos. Any ideas on maybe a sensor is jammed or anything at all I can try in these areas?

I cleaned the inside after I took these photos its no longer as dirty. But it still comes up with the Misfeed after the page prints just fine. This all started right after the paper jam.

blackcat4866
09-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Two places I would start:

1) Look at the paper size installed in each tray, and also look at what size the tray is programmed to. They should be the same. If, for example the tray was programmed to ledger, and then the enduser installed letter paper, the paper would exit, but detect a jam, or more accurately a "paper mismatch".

2) I would look at the jam codes recorded.

=^..^=

twelfthjoe
09-22-2014, 06:28 AM

1) Look at the paper size installed in each tray, and also look at what size the tray is programmed to. They should be the same. If, for example the tray was programmed to ledger, and then the enduser installed letter paper, the paper would exit, but detect a jam, or more accurately a "paper mismatch".

=^..^=

Checked this all match up. Gives the Misfeed Detected no matter what paper size is used.

darry1322
09-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Has this been going on for 5 months now?

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/88016-bizhub-c550-misfeed-detected-remove-paper-indicated-0-a.html

twelfthjoe
09-22-2014, 09:14 PM
Has this been going on for 5 months now?

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/88016-bizhub-c550-misfeed-detected-remove-paper-indicated-0-a.html

No as a matter of fact it stopped before and now has started up again.

darry1322
09-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Like Blackcat has suggested, look at the jam code being given.

Reset jam counters and run copies.

After it jams check to see which counter incremented.

Use the jam code to troubleshoot according to info in the service manual.

907tec
09-22-2014, 10:00 PM
I would start with fully powering off the machine, unplugging the finisher and horizontal transport, then turning it back on. Wait for it to boot up, turn it off, plug finisher and transport back in, turn on. Sounds simple, but works surprisingly often.

twelfthjoe
09-23-2014, 01:42 AM
Like Blackcat has suggested, look at the jam code being given.

Reset jam counters and run copies.

After it jams check to see which counter incremented.

Use the jam code to troubleshoot according to info in the service manual.

Any info on where I might find them? I looked in service mode and cant seem to find anything there. Konica does not seem to want to send somebody out to look at it. Even tho I bought this unit from somebody with only 100k prints on it seems they owe money to them for supplies and would not even tell me how much so I'm kinda stuck. Its worked just fine for me until now so if its an easy fix I would like to be able to find the jam codes and see about fixing it. Any more help would be very very helpful. :)

twelfthjoe
09-23-2014, 01:42 AM
I would start with fully powering off the machine, unplugging the finisher and horizontal transport, then turning it back on. Wait for it to boot up, turn it off, plug finisher and transport back in, turn on. Sounds simple, but works surprisingly often.

Tried this as well with no luck.

twelfthjoe
09-23-2014, 03:06 AM

=^..^=

Any idea where I might find the code in service mode iv looked all over. Been working with computers all my like but this thing has got me stumped.

Custom Search