PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 223 adf original recognition fault

Custom Search

Guy Milner
09-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Hi,
I have a Bizhub 223 which recognises A4 landscape paper on the glass whenever the adf if opened and closed ? This then disables the adf from being used as it will say " remove original from glass."
Tried many adjustments...all no good. There is one original size detect sensor under the glass which we will try swapping, but haven't yet.
Has anyone seen this ?

laitang
09-23-2014, 11:49 AM
There is one original size detect sensor under the glass which we will try swapping, but haven't yet.
Has anyone seen this ?

One or two sensors?
You can temporary remove the sensor to disable original detection function.

Guy Milner
09-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Thanks for your reply....

There is only one sensor on the UK models ( I have checked others we have in warehouse and this seems to be the case )

Silly problem, but very annoying for the customer, as they have to switch off and on the machine to use the adf properly. As soon as anyone opens the adf, it reverts back to thinking A4r is on the glass !!

emujo
09-23-2014, 02:32 PM
CCD also provides info on paper size (width). Have seen this a few times. You should be able to rule out sensor problems in test mode. If the length detectors check out, I would swap the CCD unit. Emujo

mo0651
09-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Did you perform non-image area adjustment in service mode??

minimerlin
09-23-2014, 07:32 PM
I would remove the original glass and give the underside a good clean. These machine types are really sensitive to paper detection and if the glass has a slightly soiled under side it can confuse the hell out of the machine. Or you have a clapped ccd!

EarthKmTech
09-24-2014, 12:10 AM
On earlier models such as the 222 etc the adf angle actuator at the back was adjustable so original detection was performed at the correct timing, ie, just before the adf is fully closed. If it is incorrectly adjusted originals will always be detected on the glass.

I dont recall if this applies to this model.

Even if not, the CCD is used to detect width and the optical sensors pictured are for detecting length where applicable. Dont discount filth or scratches on the glass above where the scanner parks to detect original width, or a damaged / dirty adf white sheet as already mentioned.

CraigW
09-25-2014, 03:37 PM
^^^ Had a 222 with similar to OP. Had to replace the size detect to resolve.

Custom Search