PDA

View Full Version : C35 jamming from trays 3 and 4

Custom Search

faxgoddess
09-23-2014, 02:54 PM
I have a customer with a C35 that is jamming out of the third and fourth trays. The trays are not over-filled. The end user is filling the trays about halfway up at this point. We have replaced both of the extra trays and are still having difficulties. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can try? I have an end user who is fed up. The trays *should* have resolved the issue but have not.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

minimerlin
09-23-2014, 07:37 PM
I have a customer with a C35 that is jamming out of the third and fourth trays. The trays are not over-filled. The end user is filling the trays about halfway up at this point. We have replaced both of the extra trays and are still having difficulties. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can try? I have an end user who is fed up. The trays *should* have resolved the issue but have not.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!Make sure that the extra tray assemblys are not pressing down too hard onto each other and from the main machine, this can cause too much pressure on the drive systems so jams happen. Are the feed assemblys turning, the clutches firing. motors turning? Alsso the machine / tray feet are required to make sure that the machine is leveled, again to avoid uneven pressures on drives!

faxgoddess
09-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Make sure that the extra tray assemblys are not pressing down too hard onto each other and from the main machine, this can cause too much pressure on the drive systems so jams happen. Are the feed assemblys turning, the clutches firing. motors turning? Alsso the machine / tray feet are required to make sure that the machine is leveled, again to avoid uneven pressures on drives!

As I didn't install the cassettes this time (I did the first time), I am not sure about the "feet" but I'll check that. I do know that the machine is installed in a back office and, while the staff has access to it, they're not going to be moving it around. I'll have to check with the guy who's been going out to the site to see if he knows if the motors are turning in the cassettes.

Phrag
09-25-2014, 02:10 AM
I had an issue where pages were dog earing out of the 3rd tray. and only the 3rd tray. Swapping paper between trays didn't seem to do anything. Trays looked like they were sitting right.

I replaced the fuser on it as well, because some plastic guide prongs had snapped off. Turns out that fixed the issue. That was the only thing that seemed out of place. Weird.

lanierboy
10-03-2014, 12:38 PM
check that the black Mylar that sits near the registration area has not become damaged on machine install.
if you carry the machine incorrectly you can damage it and it is only used by additional cassettes

Custom Search