PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C554e job doesnt start printing until the machine receives the entire job

Custom Search

vinnysamways
09-24-2014, 08:49 AM
When printing a mail merge word document to a Bizhub C554e it would appear the job does not start printing until the device has received the entire job. It also looks like as soon as we select duplex on the job the size of the job increases 10 fold??

sauce_boss
09-29-2014, 09:24 PM
Give this a shot

Solution ID
Solution Usage
TAUS0703717EN*
Description
All duplex jobs spool completely before starting to print.
Solution
CAUSE: Paper Arrangement is set to Prioritize Arranging Papers under the Finish tab in the driver.
SOLUTION: Set the Paper Arrangement to Prioritize Productivity. If speed is an issue this should be set as the default.

TheOwl
10-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Mail merges sent from the Office suite are always treated as one job. You will also find that if you go to staple as well, the device will try to staple the entire print run.

Below is a macro that I have been using for years which should get you out of trouble.

D Colour
10-01-2014, 12:07 PM
In printer properties, under advanced, make sure "Start printing immediately" is selected rather than "Start printing after last page is spooled."

vinnysamways
10-15-2014, 09:37 PM
Thanks for all your help guys, all sorted now!

Hansoon
10-16-2014, 06:15 AM
So what was the solution, the "Start printing immediately" thing?

Hans

habik
10-17-2014, 07:54 PM
In my experience the solution to MS office stapling multiple copies of the same doc as one bunch is to uncheck the Collate box in printer dialog. Simple as that! :) MS office= Logics out! Or Think out of the box! Pun intended!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Custom Search