PDA

View Full Version : Bizhubpro c 6501

Custom Search

thuo
09-24-2014, 11:01 AM
i have a bizhubpro c 6501 warming up forever.open front door and close machine warms up gets ready to print .I print 2 copies then goes to warming up.any possible cause

gurko_gg
09-24-2014, 09:49 PM
i have a bizhubpro c 6501 warming up forever.open front door and close machine warms up gets ready to print .I print 2 copies then goes to warming up.any possible cause

Hello
Did you check thermistor
they re might be deformed.
regards
gürkan

KM1Amsterdam
09-26-2014, 09:14 PM
Three halogen bulbs in the fuser belt, upper roller. One bulb in the lower roller. If one is broken of bad, fuser takes forever to heat up.

Also cooling air is blown through the lower roller, maybe air flow is leaking or blocked. Takes forever to cool the lower than.

Are you using coated paper in the LU or PFU? It switches on the cassette heater an waits till paper is heated.

telip
09-27-2014, 12:02 AM
Hi..
I had this problem with two machines C6500.
Fixed by changing the torque limiter in fuser unit.
Worth trying,it is a ten minutes procedure.

dljorg
12-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Almost for sure the symptoms you describe are for a blown lower fuser lamp. To test start with a cold fuser as you will be using I/O check to turn on the lamps and look for a change in temperature. If the fuser is already hot the tests have a safety that will not allow the lamps to come on.

Just to get the idea of how the tests should work go to I/O check 45-11. When you hit the print button one of the upper lamps should come on and the number in the I/O check display which reads thermistor output should climb. Turn it back off right away - don't want it to get too hot.

I/O 45-14 is for the lower lamp to turn on and the number again will show temperature. If the lamp is blown of course no rise in the number.

You may be thinking you can just look in there to see if the lower lamp lights. Unfortunately its really tough to see unless the room is dark and you know exactly where to look at an angle.

To test continuity in the lower lamp take the fuser out and put on a table. Lower black plug in the back has three pins. Single lower pin is ground - test continuity to frame. Two upper pins are thru the lamp.

Kidaver
12-07-2015, 05:34 PM
take a multimeter and check continuity on your lamps....on my c7000p twice the issue was with a lamp going out in the upper roller...

Custom Search