PDA

View Full Version : intermittent c5102 error bizhub c 353

Custom Search

brent
09-24-2014, 03:55 PM
it has logged 13 of these errors. c 5102 and resets through the front cover. runs for a while. then does it again.
anyone else seen this? I know the book says transport m1 motor and then printer control board.
just don't want to replace anything unnecessary. any thoughts? thanks

brent

scottybbb
09-25-2014, 12:23 AM
Replacing transport motor always does the trick for me.

laitang
09-25-2014, 01:04 AM
....just don't want to replace anything unnecessary. any thoughts? thanks

brent

Did you check Black PC drive sub sensor PS29 and PS30?

Imsdal
09-25-2014, 07:32 AM
I agree with scottybbb, is the brush motor that has failed, I have changed many of them, this the part nr: A02EM10301

Cheers

brent
09-25-2014, 10:10 AM
I agree with scottybbb, is the brush motor that has failed, I have changed many of them, this the part nr: A02EM10301

Cheers
I will check this out. Thanks you guys!! Very appreciated
brenr

paulrid
09-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Every time I have had a 5102 it's always been the m1 motor as said, but for some reason on the c353 they do seem to keep going for (sometimes) a while.
paul.

brent
09-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Motor is on order. Thank for all your help
I'm glad we can all help eachother

brent
09-26-2014, 04:44 AM
What a disassembly procedure. The first is the worst I didn't take the box sll the way off. Might be easier to have someone hold thst box and replace the motor. That is the only shortcut I seen Its all apart. And waiting for the ups giu in the morning !! Thx

brent
09-29-2014, 07:18 PM
well with your help I got it going this morning. the motor was bound up. it is quite the procedure for the first time for sure
anyways. thanks for the help guy guys.

brent

Hansoon
09-30-2014, 06:00 AM
**OFF TOPIC **

I had yesterday at a customer a BH-C-353 with a squeaky noisy TB clutch. Removed rear covers and installed fax unit, removed partially side cover, removed 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, removed stupid fans on top of it to do so, had to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, removed a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out. Note to oneself: Next time get your cordless driver with you...

Changed the whole drive unit with reverse procedure and guess what?

The "new" drive unit coming from my own machine in the office which was working flawless before, started to squeak too within minutes after I installed it and closed the rear covers......., so......, removed rear covers and installed fax unit, removed partially side cover, removed 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, removed stupid fans on top of it to do so, had to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, removed a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the Fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out. Note to oneself: Next time get your cordless driver with you...

Customer was whining that he would never get another machine of this brand in the future.
Lord, do I HATE to do any work in the rear of that series of machines. This one had a fax unit too so even more screws.

Forgot to mention that, to get the exchange fuser drive unit I cannibalized from my office machine, I had to remove rear covers and installed fax unit, removed partially side cover, removed 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, removed stupid fans on top of it to do so, had to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, removed a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out.

My office will be without its BH-C-353 for the coming days for sure. Weeks that is, or perhaps even month's......, before I again do the reverse procedure of removing rear covers and installed fax unit, remove partially side cover, remove 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, remove stupid fans on top of it to do so, and to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, remove a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out.
Note to oneself: Take care that the cordless driver is fully charged this time...

Thanks for listening to my rant, now I have to go for my shrink....

Hans

brent
09-30-2014, 06:44 AM
that was quite the story. There certainly was a lot of screws in the back of this damn machine. Lol

I had yesterday at a customer a BH-C-353 with a squeaky noisy TB clutch. Removed rear covers and installed fax unit, removed partially side cover, removed 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, removed stupid fans on top of it to do so, had to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, removed a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out. Note to oneself: Next time get your cordless driver with you...

Changed the whole drive unit with reverse procedure and guess what?

The "new" drive unit coming from my own machine in the office which was working flawless before, started to squeak too within minutes after I installed it and closed the rear covers......., so......, removed rear covers and installed fax unit, removed partially side cover, removed 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, removed stupid fans on top of it to do so, had to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, removed a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the Fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out. Note to oneself: Next time get your cordless driver with you...

Customer was whining that he would never get another machine of this brand in the future.
Lord, do I HATE to do any work in the rear of that series of machines. This one had a fax unit too so even more screws.

Forgot to mention that, to get the exchange fuser drive unit I cannibalized from my office machine, I had to remove rear covers and installed fax unit, removed partially side cover, removed 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, removed stupid fans on top of it to do so, had to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, removed a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out.

My office will be without its BH-C-353 for the coming days for sure. Weeks that is, or perhaps even month's......, before I again do the reverse procedure of removing rear covers and installed fax unit, remove partially side cover, remove 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, remove stupid fans on top of it to do so, and to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, remove a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out.
Note to oneself: Take care that the cordless driver is fully charged this time...

Thanks for listening to my rant, now I have to go for my shrink....

Hans[/QUOTE]

toner cartridge
09-30-2014, 01:24 PM
it has logged 13 of these errors. c 5102 and resets through the front cover. runs for a while. then does it again.
anyone else seen this? I know the book says transport m1 motor and then printer control board.
just don't want to replace anything unnecessary. any thoughts? thanks

brent

yes, need to replace transport m1 motor and then printer control board

toner chip, copier part (http://www.einmay.com)

Hansoon
11-13-2014, 05:45 AM
Yesterday I had to do one again with a C5102 service code and this BH-C-353 also had the fax unit so even more screws to remove. I confess, that I left out as many screws as possible this time. The PWB box is barely holding to the machine LOL. Left the place with my pocket full of little screws. I'm getting too old for this crap......

I don't mind trouble shooting for hours or even a whole day to find a solution for a problem but don't come me with handling 40-billionzillion stupid screws for nothing.

Hans

allan
11-13-2014, 06:08 AM
Try to Swop 2 laser units on site just to check something on a C35.

brent
11-13-2014, 06:09 AM
I really appreciate the help I had here on the board. And yes. It had a bazillions of screws. I confess. I put all the screws back. And this was not a very fun fix

Hansoon
11-13-2014, 06:14 AM
I really appreciate the help I had here on the board. And yes. It had a bazillions of screws. I confess. I put all the screws back. And this was not a very fun fix

Brent! NO! You even put that single screw back under the harddrive and flatcable support!? Please tel me you didn't. LOL

Hans

allan
11-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Try to swop 2 c35 lasers on site.

EarthKmTech
11-13-2014, 09:29 AM
c250 series main motors were a breeze to change in comparison, in and out the door in 30 -45 minutes.
c353 series added a million more screws and lots more wiring to disconnect.

Fortunately I dont see either of these old machines anymore.

C35 laser unit I have changed on site in a cramped room and it was not pleasant.

Try repairing a brand new C25 with imaging unit chip contact harness trapped under the main drive unit, now thats a nightmare - but still doable. And not actually all that uncommon a fault. (machine will work fine with initial chipless consumables and pass factory quality control, but never detect new toners/ius so the fault does not appear immediately)

Custom Search