PDA

View Full Version : Set Bizhub to email meter counts

Custom Search

copier tech
09-24-2014, 04:14 PM
I wonder if some one could advise me on this please, we have many Bizhubs out at various locations & my office as asked me how to set them up to automatically email them the meter readings, has anyone got a guide on how to do this please? We mainly have C552 & C284/e machines.

Thanks in advance

emujo
09-24-2014, 04:41 PM
It's pretty simple...
Under network settings/scan to email/smtp, ensure scan to email and total count notification is ON. Next you must set up the scan to email functionality, and the MFP must be able to send mail to the outside world.. Next you want to go to ADMIN/NETWORK/DETAIL SETINGS (Page 2)/TOTAL COUNTER NOTIFICATION. In here you can choose up to 3 email address to send to and configure the send schedule. IF you are a KM dealer, you may want to setup Vcare, this will send much more detailed info as to how the MFP is operating along with meter counts. Emujo

kingarthur
09-24-2014, 04:55 PM
as Emujo said, but set it up for 2 separate days, 2 days apart, i.e. 26th & 28th each month, we have customers who switch their m/c's off at the weekend & the reading won't get sent,

copier tech
09-25-2014, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the info.

However all the machines are setup with scan to email but using the cutomers own domain & I don't think they can scan to email outside their domain, e.g to a hotmail.com account etc.
Is there a way round this, or would I need to contact their IT & have them "allow" our service email address, service@mycompany.com etc?

kingarthur
09-25-2014, 02:10 PM
set it to email the key operator/office manager & ask them to forward it, a lot of our customers do, or what some have done, write a rule in their emails to automatically forward the meter reading to you from their inbox

HeatherSHOTC
03-26-2015, 04:48 PM
I too have recently set it up so that I can remotely access my counts, but have done it a little differently as I need to be able to be able to break it down by account. My question now is, is there a way to clear all of the account tracking/counts remotely? The goal here is to be able to bill each individual user for their copies monthly and then clear the counts so that I can begin a new billing period. Any suggestions?

JasonSBE
03-27-2015, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the info.

However all the machines are setup with scan to email but using the cutomers own domain & I don't think they can scan to email outside their domain, e.g to a hotmail.com account etc.
Is there a way round this, or would I need to contact their IT & have them "allow" our service email address, service@mycompany.com etc?

Only two two ways around that.

Change their smtp. Not reccomended. If anything goes wrong it's on you now.

Get whomever manages their mail server to allow mail to your reporting address.

Other than that all you can do is report internally and have them forward it.

SmellsHot
03-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Use mikogo or teamviewer with someones computer in that office. Then you can just remote into that machine to get the info

MFPPa
03-29-2015, 08:42 PM
One of the most frustrating jobs about setup/install. Almost every email system is different.

habik
03-30-2015, 07:14 AM
When on domain providing they have spare license, ask IT to create a new user with email address i.e. copier@domain.com
User Name
Password for the new user
Whilst the IT is setting new user ask for the full smtp address & domain name and port used and also if they authenticate over SSL.
If they do use SSL Port465
If they don't use SSL authentication then try Port 25 along with User ID & Password!!

If no authentication on email server is used (doubt that) then just use smtp server and port 25.

Sometimes it works with TLS Port 587

Hope I got this right. :) anyone with more experience please correct me. Thanks

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

szanka
10-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Best way is to use CSRC email2. You put your own server details there.

habik
10-28-2015, 05:38 PM
as Emujo said, but set it up for 2 separate days, 2 days apart, i.e. 26th & 28th each month, we have customers who switch their m/c's off at the weekend & the reading won't get sent,

I believe it will on boot up.

allan
10-28-2015, 06:06 PM
I believe it will on boot up.

Does not work i also set up 2 schedules. I do them 4 days apart.

habik
10-30-2015, 12:46 AM
Does not work i also set up 2 schedules. I do them 4 days apart.

Are you on POP or SMTP..when I had one machine think c650 that came back to office and we fired it up on network it set email woth readings, even it wasn't on schedule.

I am just curious, I'll try it again tomorrow..I had gmail setup.

Custom Search