PDA

View Full Version : c364e freezing

Custom Search

Konicoz
09-24-2014, 10:35 PM
hey guys - yep another weird fault. I have had my fair share of these m/c's freezing and not booting up and not waking up. This particular machine is not even 2 weeks old and has account track set up. when you try log in as user it does not recognize the password. and when you try go into utility/admin it wont recognize the admin password either? as you press the buttons it recognizes the selection but wont authenticate. Only way is to reboot the machine. The SSD firmware has been upgraded to v6.05. I have upgraded the firmware to GD3-E4 even G20-G9 downgraded to 1st mass prod firmware. It works for 1 or 2 days then back again... Quite frankly is doing my nut in, any suggestions???

Mr Spock
09-25-2014, 12:08 AM
Try the mfp reset tool and reload c8 firmware.
Try new memory
try format hard drive.

emujo
09-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Go into system 1, sleep setting on/off and choose permit. Go into ADMIN/SYSTEM/Power settings and set sleep mode to OFF. Also, when you update the MFP (and I would recommend G9) be sure to bring the machine to version 6. You should also be looking at the self test in service mode to determine if the SSD board is failing. Emujo

Konicoz
09-26-2014, 05:43 AM
Spock - maybe I should know.. but I am not familiar with the mfp reset tool / are you talking about the reinitialize to factory default setting? can you clarify, thanks
we have tried new memory and initialized the HDD even a new HDD

they have a loan machine at the moment and the machine is back at the shop so I will try your suggestions emujo when I get back to the office

thanks guys for the input....live long and prosper.....sorry couldn't help myself

Mr Spock
09-26-2014, 11:27 PM
the mfp reset tool is special firmware that "resets" the mfp pwb back to a "virgin" state. This is useful if you are using a pwb for testing purposes so you can reuse it again.

emujo
09-26-2014, 11:40 PM
That's the only "virgin" you'll ever see you old coot...LOL Emujo

Synaux
09-27-2014, 03:27 AM
That's the only "virgin" you'll ever see you old coot...LOL Emujo

I am sure he sees virgins all the time! :P

EarthKmTech
09-27-2014, 06:30 AM
ahh the old account track bug

Supposedly this was fixed in GD4-E4 firmware versions.

I've had it many times in the past.

What I was doing to fix it and it worked every time:

all clear, format hard drive, reconfigure machine, resetup account track from scratch. NEVER backup and restore account track the error will return to the machine.

The first 2 steps may not be required, you may get away with just turning off account track and resetting it up, I havent tried. By the time I get involved with this problem the customer is pissed off to the point they want to push the machine into a swimming pool so I have to do what i know works evertyime.

-------------------------------------
FIRST TRY THIS AND LET US KNOW IF IT WORKS!

GD4-E4 is what you are after,
Bug fix of interest:

5. Even the correct password is entered, the user may not be able to login when Password Only is selected for the Account Track. [PEBUS_1300697919, PEBCZ_1400717608, PEBGB_1400720650, PEBJTH1300668515, QUMBMA1400734442]

Konicoz
10-03-2014, 02:31 PM
bwahahaha virgins :)

Thanks for all the help guys, yeah the customer was pretty pissed, I couldn't go but one of my colleagues went and performed all steps just to be safe, only dif was he loaded G20-G9 firmware? that's actually for option LK101 fitted which this machine does not have.
I just got back from holiday. 3 days so far and no complaints....
whats your thoughts on that firmware version???? downgrade to G4......or probably just leave it well alone as its working.

emujo
10-03-2014, 02:43 PM
I know the LK won't work with G00-G9 firmware, but it may be ok reversed. The KM site says don't install on non-LK MFPs though. Emujo

Custom Search