PDA

View Full Version : I think it's the laser.......

Custom Search

Hansoon
09-25-2014, 10:48 AM
......... Bizhub-350.

Prints are having slightly wobbly lines. My gut tells me it could only be the laser unit (PH). Waddayah guys think?

Hans

EarthKmTech
09-25-2014, 11:47 AM
polygons spinning on the piss, replace the ph assy

blackcat4866
09-25-2014, 11:45 PM
I'll second ... third that. =^..^=

wseyller
09-26-2014, 02:45 AM
This series I have replace more print heads than any other models combined. Normally though it is when then sound like a wind up siren but they don't show any issue on the print. In a couple cases they wind up and code out, but never have seen them cause image quality issues unless something was blocking the laser path.

Hansoon
09-26-2014, 03:43 AM
This series I have replace more print heads than any other models combined. Normally though it is when then sound like a wind up siren but they don't show any issue on the print. In a couple cases they wind up and code out, but never have seen them cause image quality issues unless something was blocking the laser path.

That's EXACTLY my experience with the BH-350 series. This is the first time it give problems with the print quality hence I felt a little unsure. From the image it could only be the laser though, no way an image unit or else can cause this.

Thanks guys.

Hans

wseyller
09-26-2014, 04:30 AM
I have had the developer unit gear worn out enough to cause some issue but can't remember if it looked like your image. The gear skipping caused the lines to look funny but if it was that I think you would hear it. I do think it is the PH.

Blizzoo
09-26-2014, 09:30 AM
Had this issue twice on a single Canon IR BW range located in a very dirty enviroment.The waves was more pronounced than in your pics but after cleaning the laser unit everything was ok,lol.
Definitly PH unit.

Hansoon
10-28-2014, 10:26 AM
*SOLVED*.....for the moment.....

Since I was yesterday in that extreme lazy mood and didn't want to do the gruesome hateful job of replacing the laser unit on that BH-350, I cleaned the bushing and shaft of the polygon mirror and motor and.....Cha-Ching! Wobbled lines went away instantly.

Will sacrifice today a cute fluffy vertebrate to the copier gods hoping that the laser unit will remain stable at least a year like that.

Hans

brent
10-30-2014, 05:35 PM
so instead of removing the laser unit. you took the exit tray off and removed the top of the laser and did it that way?
I have had to replace lots of these series lase units as well
got quite proficient at it.. unfortunately.. lol

brent

Hansoon
10-30-2014, 05:41 PM
so instead of removing the laser unit. you took the exit tray off and removed the top of the laser and did it that way?
I have had to replace lots of these series lase units as well
got quite proficient at it.. unfortunately.. lol

brent

Yes that's what I did.

If they are making noise it is because one of the little beige colored lumps, which are applied at the factory for balancing the polygon mirror, fell off and is laying somewhere in the black box. Try to find it and put it back where it came from. With the proper light shining at an angle on the base of the polygon mirror you can see where it was originally sitting. I applied a very, very tiny drop of crazy glue with a toothpick at that spot first. Until now I managed to revive four units with this method.

Hans

fixthecopier
10-30-2014, 09:53 PM
*SOLVED*.....for the moment.....

Since I was yesterday in that extreme lazy mood and didn't want to do the gruesome hateful job of replacing the laser unit on that BH-350, I cleaned the bushing and shaft of the polygon mirror and motor and.....Cha-Ching! Wobbled lines went away instantly.

Will sacrifice today a cute fluffy vertebrate to the copier gods hoping that the laser unit will remain stable at least a year like that.

Hans

Getting to the laser isn't bad, it's undoing all the wire holders. You can't tell me that they couldn't make those plug into the laser AND the board, instead of having it straight wired. And don't forget the 20+ screws you have to remove to get to the board.

CompyTech
10-30-2014, 11:16 PM
I got the 250s down to a science. What's worse was changing one on a muratec mfx2850. If you do not know what an MFX 2850 is it is a bastardized bizhub250, there are multiple boards to be removed to get to the ribbon cable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

brent
10-30-2014, 11:18 PM
just taking to upper and lower back covers off almost irritates me.. lol
then routing the cables to the board. after all that. I would send you all my bad
lasers. but I drop kick them becuase all thework it is just to access them
yu have more patience then I do brotha

brent

Hansoon
10-31-2014, 06:32 AM
I would send you all my bad
lasers. but I drop kick them becuase all thework it is just to access them
yu have more patience then I do brotha

I have patience to reanimate a laser unit, - that's fun and saves money - but to remove 40+ darn screws to be able to take out that print head is too much for my temper....

Hans

brent
10-31-2014, 06:49 AM
I have patience to reanimate a laser unit, - that's fun and saves money - but to remove 40+ darn screws to be able to take out that print head is too much for my temper....

Hans
A lot of minolta products. Excuse me. Konica minolta. Products. Lol. Have tons of screws. Just to get to the stuff to replace. Hans. You been working on these as long as me. Or longer? 1994 is my start time
but my dad owned a minolta deLership and he started in 1978

Hansoon
10-31-2014, 07:05 AM
Brent I started with Minolta in 1977 too. After the EG machines came the plain paper EP-1.

Aaaahh those days when the world was still OK and one had hope. We had good Americans, bad Russians, dull Europeans and weird Chinese. That was it. Simple and easy.

Hans

allan
10-31-2014, 10:50 AM
Ive got a stupid question. Prints or copies?

brent
11-05-2014, 07:33 PM
allan I assume it is either prints or copies. I don't think there is an issue with his scanning or slit glass.. this is probably a print

also hansoon.. this makes us old farts then eh? the first machine was the we had was the ep 101 and the e stat 1114 tca
those were the days. liquid machines rule!!!

Custom Search