PDA

View Full Version : Scan/Fax Disabled Bizhub C451

Custom Search

thinkdenver
09-25-2014, 10:45 PM
Recently bought a used Konica Bizhub C451, and the scanner/fax button seems to have been disabled. There are no error codes, and the machine will still copy. The machine basically beeps twice if the scanner/fax button is pressed and then behaves like nothing has happened. Any thoughts?

wseyller
09-26-2014, 02:47 AM
Does it have a hard drive and is enabled?

andcarne
09-30-2014, 09:56 PM
I'm encountering the same issue on a used C253 that was recently bought. This machine does not have a HDD. My understanding is that it should at least be able to Fax without a HDD. Is that not correct?

Kidaver
09-30-2014, 10:36 PM
I had a c451 we bought used do the same thing...updated FW and has worked fine after that.

TheOwl
10-01-2014, 08:58 AM
I'm encountering the same issue on a used C253 that was recently bought. This machine does not have a HDD. My understanding is that it should at least be able to Fax without a HDD. Is that not correct?

Does the device actually have a fax kit installed in the machine though?

Both the C253 and C451 have Copy / Print / Scan out of the box. Updating the firmware is a good start, calling in a service tech to fix your problem is an even better idea as there maybe more happening.

weldlamrini
10-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Bizhub C451 Scan/Fax Bouton Problem (desactivated) / Scan/Fax Disabled Bizhub C451 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/92642-scan-fax-disabled-bizhub-c451.html)

the solution is :

you have juste to activate the Hard disc

il faut accèder en mode service ( stop 00 Stop 01 ) ===== System 1 ou bien System 2 ===== HDD ===== installer

thendral
11-11-2019, 08:53 PM
All,

Thank you for helping fellow techs.

I have same situation.. Checked the HDD sees to be fine and also formatted the HDD.
Seems like some one played with this machine. checked all connections seems to be good.
Still I am getting the message:

Following functions cannot be used
because the scanner is not available.
: copy/scan/fax

Note: I checked the HDD also traced the connector from ADF to the place it connects on the main board.
Also tried to replace the ADF from a good working machine. Nothing helps.

Any help to steer me in the right direction is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Regards
Thendral

emujo2
11-11-2019, 09:31 PM
In a situation like this, some external event has caused the machine to detect a problem that affects copy/scan/fax. It possibly could be the HDD, maybe it was removed w/o unsetting it, but it looks more like you have a scanning issue which would affect copy/scan/fax..If you can print then I would think this is the issue. You need to enter service mode and determine what then current failure codes are. E

copyman
11-11-2019, 10:12 PM
All,

I have same situation.. Checked the HDD sees to be fine and also formatted the HDD.
Seems like some one played with this machine. checked all connections seems to be good.

Note: I checked the HDD also traced the connector from ADF to the place it connects on the main board.

Thank you in advance

Regards
Thendral

Did you go into service mode to see if fax was "set" ?

blackcat4866
11-11-2019, 10:52 PM
All,

Thank you in advance

Regards
Thendral

You should check that the scanner is not errored out or isolated. Check error codes and jam codes. If you can print do a management report. =^..^=

tsbservice
11-12-2019, 03:41 PM
thendral, assuming no error codes are present.

SCANNER NOT AVAILABLE message on the operation panel when pressing the Fax/Scan key.

CAUSE: The scanner is isolated.

SOLUTION: To activate the scanner, perform the following:
1. Enter Tech Rep Mode.
2. Select System 1.
3. Select Trouble Isolation.
4. Press the number 3 tab.
5. Select the scanner and change to UNSET.

Synthohol
11-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Could just run a trouble reset.
If the message happens again there is a problem with the scanner itself.

thendral
11-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Thanks to all of you copyman, blackcat4866, tsbservice & Synthohol.

I am going to the customer today I will try all your suggestions and update you.

Custom Search