PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C25 - Paper Settings Letter & A4.

Custom Search

D Colour
09-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Hi all

We have a (Bizhub C25/Olivetti MF2400) machine in the field and they tend to get a lot of documents from overseas.(ie the US), which are in the Letter format.

Ive seen on other makes and models (namely Kyocera) an A4/Letter override which prints Letter onto A4 with no problems, but cant find anything like this on this machine.

When they try to print the Letter documents it asks for Letter paper in the tray. Ive looked in the driver, you can state original is letter and output is A4, this is 1 solution.

Nothing in the user manual and service manual about an A4/Letter override on this machine.

Its not a huge issue, more of an inconvenience for the user, but if there was a simpler solution, that would be great.

Thanks

blackcat4866
10-01-2014, 01:06 AM
That's because Auto A4 functionality isn't there. It's not on the bizhub 25 series either. I guess they thought that these customers wouldn't need that function.

The workaround I used was to default the driver to Tray #1, rather than match the paper size. It won't ask you to load paper to the bypass. =^..^=

D Colour
10-01-2014, 11:12 AM
That's because Auto A4 functionality isn't there. It's not on the bizhub 25 series either. I guess they thought that these customers wouldn't need that function.

The workaround I used was to default the driver to Tray #1, rather than match the paper size. It won't ask you to load paper to the bypass. =^..^=

Thanks Blackcat. I'll give that a go.:)

TheOwl
10-01-2014, 11:31 PM
You need to enable the "Auto Continue" function of the machine which will cause the overide after a few seconds of being at the machine.

1. Press up x 3 until you see Utility
2. Press Select
3. Press Select
4. Press Up x 2 until you see Auto Continue
5. Press Select
6. Press Up x 1 to set cursor to On
7. Press Select
8. Press Stop / Reset

That should get you going.

Custom Search