PDA

View Full Version : C353 - Scan to Folder -- need to change user name

Custom Search

kingkaus
10-01-2014, 02:24 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am at my witts end on how to fix this issue. I have a Konica C353. Here is what I have done.

On Server: shared a "SCAN FOLDER" - 192.168.1.20\SCAN and allow all users on domain to have access to it.

On Konica C353. I added it to the addresses for SMB. I set the Host: 192.168.1.20 and the path to 'SCAN'. Now I have set the USERNAME to be the administrator and the password to ******* . Now when I run the scan. It errors out on me. When I check the detailed message, it is taking SCAN as my USERNAME.

Now when I do a manual scan and input all the info above. It works fine. Can someone please tell me why my stored address is not taking the administrator as username and using SCAN? I cannot find where that is coming from and why it is using SCAN as the username. I have looked in all the printer settings and could not find where this is coming from as the authentication for the server.

Side note: I CAN create an AD for SCAN but then I don't even know what they password the scanner is using. :confused:

TheOwl
10-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Are you setting the One-Touch up from a web browser or from the machine's panel?

Which ever way you are currently trying to do it, try the other. My guess would be that you are setting the One-Touch settings from a web browser with Autofill turned on. This can sometimes cause issues when administering the machine via a web browser.

If you create an account called "scan" with in Active Directory, then you set the password to what you want, therefore you know what password to enter into the machine.

kingkaus
10-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Are you setting the One-Touch up from a web browser or from the machine's panel?

Which ever way you are currently trying to do it, try the other. My guess would be that you are setting the One-Touch settings from a web browser with Autofill turned on. This can sometimes cause issues when administering the machine via a web browser.

If you create an account called "scan" with in Active Directory, then you set the password to what you want, therefore you know what password to enter into the machine.

Thanks. I tried that and it worked.

Custom Search