PDA

View Full Version : K352c with FS514 Finisher Stapling/Sorting skewed

Custom Search

dun4cheap
04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
I recently aquired this machine and for the most part it is simple and powerfull enough. However when it comes to sorting/stapling I find it not very professional at all. The pages are always skewed. So Skewed that the staple does not hit all the papers. I had the repair guy come in and he said that there was no adjustments for this and I need to buy better paper. I typically use Hammermil or Office Depot paper and never had this problem with my previous minolta 600.

Anyhow I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem. I have searched for problems with this finisher, and I saw another finisher mentioned but nothing directed toward the single paddle page skewing problem.

Anyhow, I am a pretty technical person and have no problems getting my hands dirty. If anyone can shed some light on this I surely would appreciate it. (Maybe the paddle is bad or warn.)

cobiray
04-23-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm not sure the specific set up on this finisher, but the paddle rollers/wheels do wear out or get dirty. However if the paper was curled or had rough edges and was not able to feed properly in the finisher or lay flat enough to be properly stapled, that may have been what the technician was referring to.

dun4cheap
04-23-2008, 05:19 AM
I always use fresh new paper. My paper hardly sits for two weeks. This same paper worked fine in my other copiers and printers as well.

Scott_Lewis
04-25-2008, 03:24 AM
I always use fresh new paper. My paper hardly sits for two weeks. This same paper worked fine in my other copiers and printers as well.

There is paper and there is paper. They are not all created equal.

Some machines will tolerate what other machines will choke on.

Paying a dollar or ten more a case for paper is a damn site cheaper than paying for service over and over again when that more expensive paper works just fine. High volume and exotic paper aside.....

maxtrax
04-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Hello all,

Wipe some gray tesa tape around the red upper and lower output weels and it will run. There is also a software fix for the problem. Also the paddle in the middle can give you trouble. Glue it onto the ax.

digicor
08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
thanks for the insight, i have had several problems with the "paddle" and have put two new ones on a machine that has 150k on it. now thesame is true for the exit when stapleing, i have cleaned all the tires but it still does the skew thing ,and ,only on the first one through??? then its ok, wierd enough also the paper guide keeps getting jammed up in the stapler mouth and dislodges it self .... I am trying to find parts man for this finisher, any one have one?

minimerlin
08-31-2009, 08:21 PM
thanks for the insight, i have had several problems with the "paddle" and have put two new ones on a machine that has 150k on it. now thesame is true for the exit when stapleing, i have cleaned all the tires but it still does the skew thing ,and ,only on the first one through??? then its ok, wierd enough also the paper guide keeps getting jammed up in the stapler mouth and dislodges it self .... I am trying to find parts man for this finisher, any one have one?
I have the manual for this unit..PM me your email.

digicor
09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
service@copierprinter.com
thanks

minimerlin
09-01-2009, 10:26 PM
I just sent the manual..hope it is of some help! Sorry for the delay but there is a big time lag/difference.:o

mo0651
09-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Oh you are in for some fun. The stacker flapper is the key to this problem. You may have to turn the paddle around on the shaft. You want the mylar on the rubber flappers to be on the side away from the paper, as the flapper spins and makes contact with paper to stack it in. The stiffness in mylar pushes paper into alignment. The edges of the rubber can be worn down, dirty and slick. depends on how much sorting stapling you do. There should also be two stacking belts, yellow in color, inside finisher that spin to help stack. clean them. Note: if you have to turn flapper around, you may have to turn it 180 degrees on the shaft to keep one rubber flapper from hanging in paper path.:cool:

Custom Search