PDA

View Full Version : How to add developer to Kyocera

Custom Search

visaliagraph
10-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Hi all,

KYOCERA MITA 5035

I'm not real familiar with the functions of developer. Sounds like a vehicle for toner? I have a maintenance kit to install and I suppose I will need to change the developer also? How is this done? Thank you in advance!

kkendric
10-10-2014, 07:08 PM
This is a mono component machine.

Tonerkiller
10-10-2014, 07:31 PM
You have to run maint mode 130

monstott2010
10-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Hi all,

KYOCERA MITA 5035

I'm not real familiar with the functions of developer. Sounds like a vehicle for toner? I have a maintenance kit to install and I suppose I will need to change the developer also? How is this done? Thank you in advance!

5035's are pretty straight forward for installing the kits, really easy if you know how to remove and install each component... manuals help with that process... everything you need is in the kit, everything you need to know is in the manual...

visaliagraph
10-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Thanks for your input everyone. Somethings aren't obvious for the inexperienced. One question about the kit was if the drum assembly had the actual drum in it. The price for a stand alone drum assembly was about $550. The price for the whole kit was $440, doesn't quite make sense. My order came in today, they sent me toner for a Konica Minolta instead. RMA time.

visaliagraph
10-14-2014, 03:00 AM
UPDATE...

I got the maintenance kit and installed it and everything is working fantastic. Quick horror story... the boss says he wants to test it but put an old scratched drum copy on to test it, then claims its still bad. After a 500 dollar kit I almost swallowed my tongue until I figured out what he was copying. :confused: lol.

blackcat4866
10-15-2014, 12:19 AM
One of my fellow techs pulled that trick in my first year. He took my test original and shook it back and forth to make a wavy, blurry original, than left the blurry original on the glass. And I fell for it. =^..^=

visaliagraph
10-15-2014, 06:02 PM
We used to send the new guy into the hardware store for a socket stretcher.:p

ZOOTECH
10-15-2014, 06:08 PM
One of my fellow techs pulled that trick in my first year. He took my test original and shook it back and forth to make a wavy, blurry original, than left the blurry original on the glass. And I fell for it. =^..^=
We would put 'sky shots' randomly in the paper drawer, and watch the new guys scratch their head. :D

NeoMatrix
10-15-2014, 10:52 PM
One day I was working away inside a big mechinary maintenance complex. There was a young cheeky-@ss work-experience school student annouying everyone. On of the tradesmen sent him around the entire complex asking everyone for a 6" copulation tool. And when he found it he was to hang onto it tighly and never let it go.

It was a couple of hours later when one of the old tradies, told him you've already got one it's in your pants. The look on the young fellas face, he was p!ssed.

visaliagraph
10-16-2014, 02:22 AM
Send the new guy in to buy some double sided transparencies. Classic.

NeoMatrix
10-16-2014, 10:57 PM
Apprentice sent out to buy.(From my son)

Left handed hammer. Comes back with a hammer. Ok did you take the wee out of your hammer before you used it ?
Tradie picks up apprentices new hammer an throws it, weeeeeeeeeeeeee......

Red an white striped can of paint. Comes with special application brush else it won't work.

Gar the pilot
10-25-2014, 12:52 AM
On the old sharps ( SF740) flip the mirror, the shadows will drive young techs nuts. works on other analogs but the old sharp it was part of any PM to clean that mirror. scotch tape under a fuse is fun too! fuse checks good but untill you check from the fuse holder or spot the tape?? In the old training days the manager would pull lots of tricks, Kept us sharp and drove us nuts. In the Air Force it was "prop wash" and "Flight Line" that the new guys were sent out for.
good memorys, Thanks for bringing them up.

Scottb
11-03-2014, 10:39 PM
I came back from lunch once to find the service manager walking through the warehouse and he hands me a swing arm spring from a canon 20 sorter. I promptly put it on a canon np 6030 in the middle of the pile of screws that was on top. The tech had only removed the blanking lamp assy and so I didnt think anything of it. Later he told me it took him 45 minutes to realize that the spring didnt belong in his machine. This was no noob, but come to think of it he never tore into those 20 bins either.

I had fun at his expense several times after this.

habik
11-06-2014, 01:29 PM
As a starter in my first job I was working on Canon Bubble-Jet printers and there was a trick if the Print head got dry. You had to blow to a tiny hole on top of the cartridge to get the head flushed with ink. What did not occur to me then was that it will displace a fair amount of ink from container on top of my trouser.. those chuckles around me ..grrr.
On another Canon BJ printer I've changed Print head and cleaned the machine spotless, test printer from self test, then went for lunch and wanted to do connection test on PC and obviously print out. Colleague of mine pulled the head out and taped it. after lunch it took me a while to figure wth is going on.

visaliagraph
11-06-2014, 08:04 PM
As a starter in my first job I was working on Canon Bubble-Jet printers and there was a trick if the Print head got dry. You had to blow to a tiny hole on top of the cartridge to get the head flushed with ink. What did not occur to me then was that it will displace a fair amount of ink from container on top of my trouser.. those chuckles around me ..grrr.
On another Canon BJ printer I've changed Print head and cleaned the machine spotless, test printer from self test, then went for lunch and wanted to do connection test on PC and obviously print out. Colleague of mine pulled the head out and taped it. after lunch it took me a while to figure wth is going on.

Got a piece of tape on the mouse laser one time. I got them back with a little program that make folders when clicked on fall to bottom of the desktop and shatter. Awesome.

habik
11-06-2014, 08:30 PM
:) My fav was taking screenshot of the desktop and make it as background. Then put all shortcuts in bin. Loved the frustrating clicking away and nothing happening. I know, old but funny :)

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

NeoMatrix
11-06-2014, 11:04 PM
One of the best screen savers involved rodents an insects eating your documents away while you read it.
You would see a mouse eating holes through the middle of the page then walk off the screen.
You would see cockroaches eat random holes in the page and scurry off.
As you moved each window around cockroaches would scurry away an hide under the next window.
Funny as hell first time you spring it on someone.

Custom Search