PDA

View Full Version : konica c500 problem

Custom Search

sanimir
10-10-2014, 08:48 PM
i have problem with my konica c500. White and light stripes over the print. pics in att.
Any advice?

Mick01
10-21-2014, 03:51 AM
Hi,
Looks like your machine is in desperate need of a major service.
I would replace Drums, Devs, charge units, Transfer Unit rebuild, Fusing Rollers

mrwho
10-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Yep, judging from the print quality, that machine is in need of a major overhaul.

Desert Rat
10-21-2014, 04:55 PM
White streaks can be caused by a couple of different things.
1) make sure the laser windows or slit glasses are clean. They are inside the process cavity on the right hand side.
Also while you have the process unit pulled out check the sensor assy on the left side. Make sure both left and right
sides are clean.
2) A lump of tone caught on the inside of the doctor blade will cause a low spot on the mag roller. This in turn causes the
dev material to be low and not transfer enough toner to the drum. This type of white line does not generally have a sharp
edge on the streak but rather fades fast.
Sometimes it can be dis-lodged with a business card slide under the blade. Turn the mag roller backwards for less than a quarter
turn. Then turn it back to see if it is gone. Otherwise change the dev mix or open the dev unit and find it. I recommend changing
the mix. Then if you want to open the unit and clean it out. Be sure and remove the toner sensor before vacuuming.

Both of these type of streaks would run from left to right as the paper exits the machine.
If the streaks are from front to back as the paper exits, check the developer gears and
chargers.

Good luck

DR

RRodgers
10-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Dirty laser path

Custom Search