PDA

View Full Version : Few more issues with Bizhub 200

Custom Search

eli
10-12-2014, 03:33 AM
1. Double sided printing isn't working. I don't think its a driver issue although I did set "duplex: installed" option. I wasn't able to copy a double sided document. It ended up printing on both sides.

2. I can't access the printer from the web. It worked fine before but now all I get is "This page can’t be displayed"

3. No matter what I've tried, I just can't get email option to work. I tried every smtp setting out there and still something is wrong. I'm using smtp-relay service through google apps for business. I'm able to send thru my website and other services but not from the printer. Also tried regular gmail smtp and apache mail client with no luck.

Most important issue is #1.. What are the troubleshooting steps? Thanks in advance.

edit:
http://i.imgur.com/7i0KExJ.jpg
No option to print double sided?

edit 2:
Duplex set signal is showing 1 in I/O check

I printed the settings page. Under Printer information -> option -> duplex unit is equal to none.

blackcat4866
10-12-2014, 03:47 PM
1. Double sided printing isn't working. I don't think its a driver issue although I did set "duplex: installed" option. I wasn't able to copy a double sided document. It ended up printing on both sides.

Can you be a little clearer with your terminology? In the first sentence you say that duplex printing isn't working, then in the last sentence you say that it is working. Which is it? Contradictory statements like this make me distrust the accuracy of any statements that follow it.

2. I can't access the printer from the web. It worked fine before but now all I get is "This page can’t be displayed"

What browser are you using. Have you tried a different browser choice? Can you print? Can you ping the printer? Does it accept a telnet print job?

3. No matter what I've tried, I just can't get email option to work. I tried every smtp setting out there and still something is wrong. I'm using smtp-relay service through google apps for business. I'm able to send thru my website and other services but not from the printer. Also tried regular gmail smtp and apache mail client with no luck.

Are you trying to send email SSL or Start TLS? The bizhub 200 can't use SSL or Start TLS without an external utility like Stunnel.

Most important issue is #1.. What are the troubleshooting steps? Thanks in advance.

edit:

edit 2:
Duplex set signal is showing 1 in I/O check

I printed the settings page. Under Printer information -> option -> duplex unit is equal to none.

It seems to me that you are using the terms copy and print interchangeably, when they are not. Copying is copying, and printing is printing. I'm going to make a WAG that you cannot duplex copy because the duplex option is not Set in copier's service mode.

Would you care to clarify your previous statements? =^..^=

eli
10-13-2014, 02:11 AM
Can you be a little clearer with your terminology? In the first sentence you say that duplex printing isn't working, then in the last sentence you say that it is working. Which is it? Contradictory statements like this make me distrust the accuracy of any statements that follow it.

What browser are you using. Have you tried a different browser choice? Can you print? Can you ping the printer? Does it accept a telnet print job?

Are you trying to send email SSL or Start TLS? The bizhub 200 can't use SSL or Start TLS without an external utility like Stunnel.

It seems to me that you are using the terms copy and print interchangeably, when they are not. Copying is copying, and printing is printing. I'm going to make a WAG that you cannot duplex copy because the duplex option is not Set in copier's service mode.

Would you care to clarify your previous statements? =^..^=

Thank you for your reply. I made a mistake and I apologize. What I meant to say was, when I pressed "copy" on a double sided document, it printed each side on a separate page. Before attempting to copy, I was trying to print double sided documents from Microsoft Word which didn't work. I made sure to select all the right settings, like "Duplex: Installed" and nothing solved it. After this, I went into I/O mode and the duplex cover sensor seemed to be working. It did say "Duplex Set 1" though, not sure what that means. The fans seem to be working on the unit and I've cleaned everything carefully with alcohol just like it said in the service manual.

Am I missing some settings?

Also, please check the following images. They will give you a better idea on what's happening.

About the web page, yes I've tried different browsers, chrome and IE.

Chrome gives me a following error:
SSL connection error
Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I'm able to print just fine, scanning to folder works and no problems pinging the copier.

About email, yes I tried mostly SSL. I did try it without SSL but that didn't work also. Looks like I need to try it with that Stunnel utility.

At last, how do I enable the duplex option in copier's service mode?

blackcat4866
10-13-2014, 11:20 PM
... It did say "Duplex Set 1" though, not sure what that means. The fans seem to be working on the unit and I've cleaned everything carefully with alcohol just like it said in the service manual.

Am I missing some settings?

Also, please check the following images. They will give you a better idea on what's happening.

About the web page, yes I've tried different browsers, chrome and IE.

Chrome gives me a following error:
SSL connection error
Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I'm able to print just fine, scanning to folder works and no problems pinging the copier.

About email, yes I tried mostly SSL. I did try it without SSL but that didn't work also. Looks like I need to try it with that Stunnel utility.

At last, how do I enable the duplex option in copier's service mode?

Change Duplex unit Set to "0". =^..^=

eli
10-14-2014, 12:53 AM
Change Duplex unit Set to "0". =^..^=

Can you please tell me how do I do it? I just can't seem to figure it out and the manuals aren't being too helpful. Keep in mind, I'm not a copy machine tech. :cool:

blackcat4866
10-14-2014, 01:25 AM
I was wrong about that. According to the brochures the 200/250/350 all come with a standard duplexer. It's not optional, and is not treated as an option. The setting in tech rep mode selects whether you'd like the selections of Simplex and Duplex, or just Duplex. There is no non-Duplex option.

Duplexing is the least of your worries. What are you going to do about that drum? =^..^=

eli
10-14-2014, 01:33 AM
I was wrong about that. According to the brochures the 200/250/350 all come with a standard duplexer. It's not optional, and is not treated as an option. The setting in tech rep mode selects whether you'd like the selections of Simplex and Duplex, or just Duplex. There is no non-Duplex option.

Duplexing is the least of your worries. What are you going to do about that drum? =^..^=

I think the drum is alright for now. It printed that one page like that but then other pages were clean.

wseyller
10-14-2014, 03:13 AM
Make sure the connectors for the switchback unit (above fuser) are plugged in. This can cause the duplex options to disappear from the copy menu.

eli
10-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Make sure the connectors for the switchback unit (above fuser) are plugged in. This can cause the duplex options to disappear from the copy menu.

Is this it?

This is what I see. Seems like the middle one is missing a plug

wseyller
10-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Yes that's it. Middle connector missing is ok. That is for some optional accessory.

eli
10-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Yes that's it. Middle connector missing is ok. That is for some optional accessory.

Everything was plugged in, i didn't see anything unplugged.

So this is not the problem. What else can i check?

907tec
10-14-2014, 07:41 PM
I would keep looking at that switchback unit. Confirm that you are getting power at the connector and that the wires have not been damaged. Very easy for people to pinch those wires when reinstalling the switchback. Do the switchback sensors change state in service mode?

HuronMan
10-15-2014, 12:29 AM
edit:

I just had to make a bh250 do this today. It has a jam indication that I can't get rid of and is unusable so I unplugged the duplex unit and got the screen you posted above. Now it at least runs 1 sided. The duplex connector is the multi colored wiring harness behind the the Lower Right Rear Cover. The same cover to unplug the bypass and tray2. Check that and connector pj20 on the pwb-a.

eli
10-15-2014, 04:42 PM
I would keep looking at that switchback unit. Confirm that you are getting power at the connector and that the wires have not been damaged. Very easy for people to pinch those wires when reinstalling the switchback. Do the switchback sensors change state in service mode?

How can I check that power is going into it? I didn't see any damage done to the wires. I doubt they replaced anything in this machine, it only has 20k prints on the counter.

I just had to make a bh250 do this today. It has a jam indication that I can't get rid of and is unusable so I unplugged the duplex unit and got the screen you posted above. Now it at least runs 1 sided. The duplex connector is the multi colored wiring harness behind the the Lower Right Rear Cover. The same cover to unplug the bypass and tray2. Check that and connector pj20 on the pwb-a.

I opened it up and found those wires and connectors. Seems like everything is plugged in and nothing is cut. I think duplex is connected because the fan works.

Here are the photos

darry1322
10-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Those pictures are of the transport/transfer section and are not part of the duplex unit.

eli
10-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Those pictures are of the transport/transfer section and are not part of the duplex unit.

Ok, so I pulled the top part out and inspected the wires there.. looks clean. Is this the switchback unit?

darry1322
10-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Yep, that's the switchback.

eli
10-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Yep, that's the switchback.

What would be the next step? Replacing this unit?

emujo
10-15-2014, 07:20 PM
No more "and then"...lol Emujo

HuronMan
10-21-2014, 07:23 PM
We went back with a pwb-a board. It didn't fix it. Gunna try flashin it and mfbs.

Phrag
10-22-2014, 02:55 AM
Just check and make sure none of the pins are bent etc. I had the same issue as you. I reseated the connectors and I got the Duplex option back.

eli
10-23-2014, 11:20 PM
Just check and make sure none of the pins are bent etc. I had the same issue as you. I reseated the connectors and I got the Duplex option back.

Thank you! and thanks to everyone who commented in this thread.

I was able to fix it. One of the pins was indeed crooked and wasn't going into the connector correctly. The copier works perfectly now!

blackcat4866
10-23-2014, 11:30 PM
Congratulations! =^..^=

Custom Search