PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 363/423 series, monochrome, Follow Me Printing, USB Printing

Custom Search

Hansoon
10-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Bizhub 363/423 series, monochrome, Follow Me Printing, USB Printing

Would like to offer to a new customer a fleet of several rebuild Bizhub 363 and 423 mono MFP's. Never had to use the Follow Me Printing and USB Printing feature until now but for this customer this is a crucial option. Would like to know and need some feed back if I will face any problems with both that features. Any known problems? Any hints please?

Thanks in advance.

Hans

blackcat4866
10-12-2014, 05:33 PM
USB printing ... meaning printing from a USB stick (?) is simply a settings change in the Utility Menu. It's defaulted to Off, just turn it On. I've never used Follow-Me Printing, so I can't offer anything useful on that.

USB scanning has turned out to be exceptionally useful in situations where the enduser wants extraordinarily large PDF scans. Email limits the size, and SMB is comparatively slow. Scan to USB is nearly twice as fast. =^..^=

emujo
10-13-2014, 12:03 AM
Follow me printing is a 3rd party software like Pharos, NSI Output manager, Equitrac (PSES is KM's only in house product)etc...MFP printing (and scanning/copying in some apps) is managed by an external server. A virtual queue is created and print jobs are stored here. When a user logs into MFP (AD/LDAP with or without card reader) the virtual queue will push the print job to the logged in MFP. Very useful for controlling confidential print jobs and waste. Some apps require additional memory and/or the web browser (LK-101) accessory. Most of our customers ( I should say users) that have gone this route are very reluctant at 1st, but 95% really like the process after a little time with it. It can get very expensive with the license cost, but the savings are very measurable. Emujo

Custom Search