PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C350, dead IC-401, reset fuser unit

Custom Search

jlangvand
10-13-2014, 02:11 AM
Hi

I'm responsible for two C350s in a small office for a non-profit organisation. The fist one (machine A), we got for free a few years ago. One day it stopped working and told us to replace the transfer belt, the fuser unit, roller unit and a couple IUs were also about to wear out, and while searching for replacement parts I found another used C350 for about 500USD. We bought that one (machine B) and it has been in use in about a year.

Machine B has an IC-401 while Machine A only has a built-in controller. But about a week ago the IC-401 simply died. There's no sound and no LED when turning it on, there's no icon on the display, it (obviously) does not respond to ping over the network. It's simply dead. Has anyone experienced this?

Without a controller, Machine B is quite useless other than as a photocopier. So we went back to using machine A. I did some research (that's how I ended up on this forum), and I managed to take out and clean the transfer belt, reset the fuse, and get it up and running again. A couple days ago, though, the fuser unit died. Actually, one of the rubber parts simply teared apart and sent bits of dark red rubber all over the place. By the help of the service manual I managed to take it out and replace it with the fuser from machine B, but now the problem is to reset the counter on this one. Is it a fuse? If so, where do I find it?

I also have some general questions about this machine. We have a mixed environment with both Windows and Linux clients. The IC-401 made life a little easier for me because it accepts both PS and PCL6, where the built-in controller only accepts PCL5. However, prints on machine B (with the IC-401) appears blurry. A blue outline gets a greenish smudge in the edges, but on machine A the prints har always been sharp. I've tried to replace IUs, clean the LEDs etc, but haven't notices any difference.

Another problem is the folding finisher. When printing a booklet, the center crease is way off the center. WAY off! Like 5-10cm from the edge of the paper. The staples, hovewer, are quite close to the center. But the crease makes the booklet function useless, at least for anything but drafts.

I hope someone has answers to at least some of these questions ;)

copier tech
10-13-2014, 09:59 AM
To reset the fuser use the same rating of fuse you used on the transfer belt, 0.80ma
On the fuser unit the fuse is near the main connector, it looks like a resistor, simply cut that out & fit the fuse to the wire ends, I simply use tape as it only has to stay connected while you power on the machine & it resets the counter.
Without seeing your finisher difficult to say whats wrong, but check theres no foregn objects in it etc

jlangvand
10-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks! I'm awaiting a set of fuses in the mail, so I can try it soon.

As for the IC-401, I opened it today and tested the fuses and they're fine. When trying to power it on connected to AC only (not connected to the C350), the fans starts to spin up but stops immediately. I don't suppose the HDD has anything to do with this as it doesn't even spin up before the controller shuts down again.

I removed some dust, took out the RAM, cleaned more dust and put it back together. Still no effect.

Custom Search