PDA

View Full Version : C250 error CDC-60

Custom Search

lanierboy
04-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Hello guys

i have a c250 with cdc-60 trouble related to security.

i have tried to reset nvram with recovery software and still ng.
fitted new nvram from konica still ng
fitted another new nvram plus hdd plus main pcb plus security chip still ng
heeeeeeeelp!!

mitchl
04-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Sounds like somebody decided to copy something they shouldest like money or a bearer bond, they have tripped the BNR (bank note recognition) chip most likely and now the fun begins. In the USA you normally have to have a talk with The Secret Service before KM will rectify the situation, they sort of want to know why you were attempting to make counterfeit money!!!!!!!! Call Minolta its the only way out that I know of.

mikeena
04-23-2008, 10:29 PM
i dont know it sounds like he already replaced the security chip witch i think is the same. i dont really know. up side to the story is mitchl is right. call konica. i actually had this happen once to a customer running prints of raffel tickets he created. dont know why but there is a certain procedure you have to do to fix it. luckly when i contacted konica i had know problems getting it fixed. i did have to let the customer know that it is possiable that fbi or someone special might be contacting them. lmao they never did. it sucks i was hoping to see how that went

mitchl
04-24-2008, 03:51 PM
I just made a call and found out that this machine handles these type issues in a much different way than the earlier models. If you copy a bill of some type and it is recognized by the machine the copier will darken the copy to the point where you cant read it and will give you a warning of some type (I guess I need to try it!) Supposedly the machine resets at that point and everything is normal.................. In regards to the machine in question, have you reloaded current firmware after replacing everything? Have you tried a trouble reset?

mikeena
04-24-2008, 06:15 PM
i would hope he has. after all that hes replaced you are suppose to reolad the firmware lol

mitchl
04-24-2008, 07:11 PM
One would think at any rate, but you never know!:rolleyes:

Custom Search