PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub C654e + Fiery E100-06 (IC-414) not booting up

Custom Search

flysa1
10-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Hi all,

The C654e machine has no problem. But, the Fiery is not booting up at all. Power and interface cable is connected properly. Can't even do the System Software reload with LAN cable connected directly to my laptop, because when you press the green power button on the Fiery, it lights up for a second, CPU fan and extractor fan runs for a second or two, and nothing starts after that, just nothing running, not even the Digital display above Service Mode switch on Fiery lights up.

I removed HDD from Fiery, deleted partitions, and tried again, but still the same, just quick running of fans and nothing after that. LAN also not connecting, no connection lights lit on it. So, basically the Fiery does not start at all, and Copier only displays that you can switch controller on, but Fiery is not starting.

I checked all connectors on the Fiery motherboard as well.

Is this a possible board failure on the Fiery??

jotunn
10-15-2014, 09:55 PM
It could be a power supply related problem. EFI uses poor quality PSU, so failure rate seems to be quite high. Try to use ordinary PC ATX power supply just for test.

flysa1
10-16-2014, 01:04 PM
Thank you jotunn,

Will test that first.

habik
10-17-2014, 07:24 PM
I had once a dry solder contact on the mains pwr supply. AC Socket connector.
Resoldered. Problem solved.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Custom Search