PDA

View Full Version : Di2510f Fax From PC

Custom Search

CopyXpress
04-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Hello, I have a 2510f (w/ su-2 network kit) that I just set up so all incoming faxes are forwarded to email. That part is working fine. Now, the question I have is how do I set it up so they can fax FROM their PC? I'm not sure where to start so any pointing in the right direction would be awesome. Is pagescope used to send the fax? Im not sure how this part works, and no one here has ever had to do it before. I have all service manuals and startup guides, for the machine, and su-2, etc. Still not able to find what I need. Thanks for your time. Have a great day.

mitchl
04-23-2008, 09:18 PM
I hate to say this but you have to have the Ifax chip, which is the SU-3 network application kit and a copy of Network Fax 4.4 which is the desk top utility. Now this is according to our IT guy who has been wrong before, there may be another way to cook this egg, see if one of the other posters has any insight, but this is how we accomplish faxing from the PC.

CopyXpress
04-23-2008, 10:10 PM
This is what I thought from the beggining. But after getting it to forward the fax to email, I thought it might be possible. Atleast I get to say "I told you so" to everybody else here now:)

mikeena
04-23-2008, 10:24 PM
here is what is the easiest way to go about this with out the chip. split the fax line and run one to the computer throught the fax modem and one to the copier. make the pc pick up in say 2 rings and the fax in 4. this way it picks up first. this is the cheapest way to do it.

Frostwolf
04-24-2008, 02:34 AM
I hate to say this but you have to have the Ifax chip, which is the SU-3 network application kit and a copy of Network Fax 4.4 which is the desk top utility. Now this is according to our IT guy who has been wrong before, there may be another way to cook this egg, see if one of the other posters has any insight, but this is how we accomplish faxing from the PC.

Yes the SU-3 is what you need, and no longer sold by KM. The Network fax software is SKFAX (if I remember right) on KM site, and make sure to get the latest version, the earlier version had install problems with MS Office if Office was installed first.

Upgrade the cusotemr to a new Bizhub 250

nmfaxman
04-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Install phone line into fax.
Run a line from the phone output of the copier into the modem on the computer.
Set the copier to auto recieve.
Set the computer to not recieve.
The copier will forward to email and computers can fax from workstation.
For multiple computers you have to daisy chain so they won't step on each other.

mitchl
04-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Copyexpress if you find you need the SU-3/I-fax chip let me know................... To the rest of the posters thanks for the info on the alternate setup, thats great info and will pass it along to my IT guy!

Custom Search