PDA

View Full Version : USER BOX

Custom Search

halbrandenburg
10-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Has anyone got a trick up their sleeve to migrate USER BOXES and USER BOX contents from one Bizhub to another?

pgramolini
10-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Hey Hal. Hmm I think KM just came out with a utility... Do you have access?

halbrandenburg
10-17-2014, 01:01 AM
Hey Hal. Hmm I think KM just came out with a utility... Do you have access?

Yes I do. Do you have any information?

pgramolini
10-17-2014, 11:46 AM
I have two possible ideas, one of which being import/export in page scope. The other is a utility I don't know off hand that is a complete backup for a multiple install if the confit is the same. I'll ask a colleague tomorrow and reply back

halbrandenburg
10-17-2014, 12:03 PM
I have two possible ideas, one of which being import/export in page scope. The other is a utility I don't know off hand that is a complete backup for a multiple install if the config is the same. I'll ask a colleague tomorrow and reply back

Thanks. As an example, we run into this as a time consuming manual process when a customer is buying a new copier (like a C454e) and the old copier is a C652. There has never been an option in PageScope Data Admin for importing or exporting USER BOXES.

We are a full service dealer, with very experienced IT Techs, and this has always been a thorn in our side on installations. Sometimes it's taking hours to transfer box contents into manually created USER BOXES.

emujo
10-17-2014, 01:18 PM
There are no "tools" to migrate user box data. You can use the HDD backup utility (PSDA Plugin) but this is an overnight process (back and forth). If I have a customer that absolutely can't live w/o the images in the user box, I have them download them to their PC and up load them back to the MFP after I create the new boxes. ( they can also print them out and re-scan). One option that I haven't looked into is Box Operator. Might save you some time, but KM has nothing like a export/import box program. Emujo

pgramolini
10-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Thanks emujo. I learn something new everyday.

pgramolini
10-21-2014, 12:47 AM
There are no "tools" to migrate user box data. You can use the HDD backup utility (PSDA Plugin) but this is an overnight process (back and forth). If I have a customer that absolutely can't live w/o the images in the user box, I have them download them to their PC and up load them back to the MFP after I create the new boxes. ( they can also print them out and re-scan). One option that I haven't looked into is Box Operator. Might save you some time, but KM has nothing like a export/import box program. Emujo

Btw, the new models CAN migrate user boxes, network data and a few other things. I think it's best to look at the new E series models. You're very knowledgeable, don't let it slip. If you want amplifying information, I can send it to you. Are you in a branch or dealer? Would like to talk with you more.

halbrandenburg
10-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Btw, the new models CAN migrate user boxes, network data and a few other things. I think it's best to look at the new E series models. You're very knowledgeable, don't let it slip. If you want amplifying information, I can send it to you. Are you in a branch or dealer? Would like to talk with you more.

I would appreciate amplifying information. I work for an independent dealer. We have used PageScope Admin to migrate Address Books, Account Track, and User Authentication, but have never found a way to export and import user boxes and their contents.

What we run into is non-E Series machines with User Boxes, and need to export from them into E Series machines when a customer upgrades to a new MFP.

pgramolini
10-27-2014, 01:40 PM
The new E series machines allow the user to configure "Share SMB File". This allows a USER box to be accessed and exported rather easily utilizing the SMB protocol. It is a newer function that was just implemented in the E Series models. If you need amplifying information, please do not hesitate to PM me.

emujo
10-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Familiar with the shared user boxes on the new e series, as we have one customer that will only allow scanning this way, but that still doesn't help when you have an older (C452 ie) MFP that you need to copy the user box documents over. I believe only the address one touch info can be exported with the new e series. Emujo

Custom Search