PDA

View Full Version : C654e P-14

Custom Search

wseyller
10-17-2014, 03:28 AM
IDC sensors cleaned but no help.

What should I look at first? 53,000 on total counter.

Color IUs, black drum, print head. Any service mode adjustments I can try?

laitang
10-17-2014, 06:23 AM
From SM:

1. Check the drive transmission portion of the Imaging Unit and correct as necessary.
2. Clean the contact of the imaging unit connector if dirty.
3. Reinstall or reconnect IDCS/Fr or IDCS/Rr, sensor shutter or connector, if it is installed or connected improperly.
4. Clean IDCS/Fr or IDCS/Rr if it is dirty.
5. Replace IDCS/Fr or IDCS/Rr.
6. Replace the imaging unit.
7. Replace the drum unit/K.
8. Replace PH unit.
9. Check the conduction of PHRYB ICP3.
10. Replace PHRYB.
11. Check the conduction of PRCB ICP20 or ICP21.
12. Replace PRCB.
NOTE
• After the PH unit is replaced, reset the skew default position for each color. Touch keys as follows for this setting.
[Service Mode] -> [Machine] -> [Print Head Skew Adj.] -> [Print Head Skew Adj.]
• When this alert code is displayed, according to the list, take actions to address the problem. After the problem is resolved, select
[Service Mode] -> [Machine] -> [Print Head Skew Adj.] -> [Print Head Skew reset] and perform the skew adjustment reset.

allan
10-17-2014, 07:58 AM
The K drum and the C drums are not the same diameter. so there is a separate encoder on the K unit to check the surface speed of the drum. if that sensor or encoder disc is not ok you will get that code. you can try manual color registration but the would drive you crazy it would shift randomly. if noting else works replace the encoder.

wseyller
10-17-2014, 10:37 PM
The K drum and the C drums are not the same diameter. so there is a separate encoder on the K unit to check the surface speed of the drum. if that sensor or encoder disc is not ok you will get that code. you can try manual color registration but the would drive you crazy it would shift randomly. if noting else works replace the encoder.

Looks like it finally went away on its own. I check IDC sensors really good. Check IU contacts. Did an initialize + stabilization and gradation. Halftones per perfect.

Blizzoo
10-18-2014, 09:52 AM
P-14,as per manual says,can occur when a door is opened or Main SW turned off when machine runs the skew correction control.

copier tech
10-18-2014, 12:50 PM
On this "e" series it's always a good idea to update the firmware, KM seems to bring out new FM on a regular basis for this series

wseyller
10-18-2014, 04:48 PM
On this "e" series it's always a good idea to update the firmware, KM seems to bring out new FM on a regular basis for this series
Oh I did that too. There is a J6 that was release during the week.

pgramolini
10-21-2014, 12:57 AM

They definitely do. It's new... Ish

Custom Search