PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C454 32-01 jams

Custom Search

wseyller
10-17-2014, 10:47 PM
Has an external finisher. So far it seems consistant that it only happens on the first page of a job (copy or print). Once jam is cleared the job finishes ok. But it doesn't happen on every job.

Only happens on duplex. Plain letter paper is being used.

The sheet will enter into the exit section into the horizontal conveyance of the finisher and crashes into the first set of rollers. Instead it should have gone into the reverse unit up above.

First time this happened I replace the SD1 solenoid and the gate. It worked for 3 weeks without an issue. Now it has come back. Upgrade the firmware to latest G00-72 but did not fix the issue.

Seems like a logic issue to me and not mechanical and it has only been reported to happen a the first page. Both times I was onsite it happened on the very first page I copied and never happened again while I was there. Only thing I can think of is the PRCB. Anyone seen this behavior.

EarthKmTech
10-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Id be finiding the connection on the prcb for the switching gate solenoid you mention to see if its even being energised at the correct time.

If power is going to it and its not working you can rule out boards etc and focus on the reversal unit itself / replace the complete assembly.

Custom Search