PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub 350 - Error C2557 - after unplugged and plugged again drum

Custom Search

sopk0
10-19-2014, 01:15 AM
Hello!
I have Konica Minolta Bizhub 350. I received it from bankrupt company. It was working very good but on every print grey line appeared. I wanted to see if there is something on drum, so I opened right doors (over manual paper feed), catched two blue handles and I've unplugged whole drum unit. I saw nothing wrong to the drum so, I've put it again in its place. After 3 copies, copier stopped working, showing C2557 error.
Now, I know it means that something is wrong with ATDC Sensor. I saw in service manual that I need to "Run F8".
The question is: to run F8, I need to enter tech. rep. mode, but default password doesn't work. Is there a list of another often used ones? Can I reset this password? Or is there another way? I would like to know what does ATDC Sensor stand for and maybe I need to change something in the drum and not in software.

blackcat4866
10-19-2014, 02:10 AM
What the manual didn't tell you is that the C2557 means that the toner density value is outside the acceptable limits. That means that the developer needs to be replaced, then run F8 to store the new value.

It would be a really good idea if you had a professional do this. That's my recommendation. =^..^=

sopk0
10-19-2014, 02:35 AM
Well, yes but before I unplugged whole drum everything was working perfectly (except those lines). I think it's my fault that I unplugged it but shouldn't it be working like before after I replugged it?

blackcat4866
10-19-2014, 02:42 AM
Unless you dumped out the developer while you were in there, you didn't cause it. Like I said the C2557 is a developer density code. Developer density varies quite a bit during normal operation of the machine. Lowest reading when it first starts up, then rising as the developer stirs. This code can come and go more and more frequently as the developer density gets further and further from the desired value.

Most likely there is no direct connection to you removing the drum unit. =^..^=

Edit: Did you remove the imaging unit with the power On? If yes, you might try doing a Trouble Reset.

sopk0
10-19-2014, 02:55 AM
What do you mean by "dumped"? When I took it, some toner fell on floor, but it was a negligible amount. Then I shaken it a little, just like on the picture which is on it. Nothing fell that time.
Also, by developer do you mean this unit with toner port attached to drum with bolts or toner between stirrers or something else?

Edit: Oh, yes I forgot to tell this! It was on when I was doing this. If this is this procedure done with warm reset switch, then in manual they say that I need service code to get acces to trouble reset button.

blackcat4866
10-19-2014, 03:03 AM
Use: 000000

sopk0
10-19-2014, 03:11 AM
I've already tried: 00000000, 12345678, 87654321, serial number, 1234, 0000, 1111. None of these works.

JR2ALTA
10-19-2014, 03:34 AM
trouble reset wont help you but FYI after the secret button is pressed hold down 3, then 000000 but like i said it wont help you.

2557 has you by the balls on this model. the ONLY solution besides new developer and f8 or maybe you have a blocked toner bottle hole, caused by residual sticky tape.

sopk0
10-19-2014, 11:49 AM
No, I tried it now: 000000 (6 zeros) and 00000000 (8 zeros) is not working. Any suggestions?

habik
10-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Try to turn the dev unit gear/ roller in the correct rotation manually with pliers on the back of the IU. What may have happened is that you shaken the unit too much and cant turn the dev.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

bigmark
10-21-2014, 01:50 PM
just out of curiosity, you said you unplugged the drum unit? it just slides out, there is nothing really to unplug. I agree that if you shook this developer unit/drum unit carriage, you probably locked up the rollers. once the c2557 code pops, its darn near impossible to recover without replacing the developer (and the drum at same time if follow manufacturers specs ;-) ) and then runt he F8. because this code can be such a problem, I have to agree with blackcat, you should get a trained professional to do this for you. Or you possibly can end up wasting your money trying to replace the developer and drum unit by yourself. It is tricky at times even for a pro.

allan
10-22-2014, 10:06 AM
The connection block on the IU can be dirty or broken. The TCR sensor can be damaged. The toner supply could be the reason. Or developer can be shot.
You can reset the special parts counter for dev and IU, switch machine off and start with door open. Run F8 and close door. but sounds like the machine needs a proper service.

sopk0
10-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Thank you all! I've done just like you said: reset dev and PC counter, opened the door, closed it and quickly ran F8. Repeated this three times and on the third time it worked. Now it works just like before.
Again: thank you!
Edit: Why haven't I done this for the first time? Because I've called support and they told me passcode.

backspace
10-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Next time just set ATDC manual on 178 and will work perfect!!!!

Custom Search