View Full Version : IC414 and MAC Maverics Preview crash

Custom Search

habik
10-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Can't print jpegs.

Any suggestions on the screenshot?

emujo
10-20-2014, 08:21 PM
1st suggestion would be to post something we can actually read. Can the MAC print normally to the embedded controller? How did you set the Fiery up as a printer? Emujo

habik
10-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Sorry was in a rush out of work.
Machine Olivetti MF452+ (BHC454e) on separate network point, fiery IC414 on separate net port. This config worked flawlessly until Customer upgraded to Maverics and this is whats happening. No problems printing previously with 10.8
Can print emails, ms office, docs. Just jpegs are problem.
Driver 1.2

Thinking re-flashing Fiery with SW or if there is a patch for this may try that... Just haven't found one on Oli support....as yet.. gonna have to dig in KM SSD unless you've seen something like this.
Driver has:
Finisher options SD512, Punch kit, paper Tray 3,4 ..
Don't recall anything else at moment..

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

habik
10-20-2014, 08:41 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/20/e8ee1138d5bde8d9fb758702446cd75d.jpg

emujo
10-20-2014, 08:47 PM
Did you download the MAC printer software from the Fiery, or through a website? You may not be able to use 1.2 drivers unless the Fiery is up to date. Emujo

habik
10-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Web. Thanks,
Hoping for it to go away after re-flash, just wanted heads up before update. In case I run in to any issues. Delicate client.

TheOwl
10-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Try removing the printer and then stripping the driver out. If they simply went through the upgrade process, then chances are that they are still running the driver from the previous OS.

habik
10-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Sorry Owl, can you please define "stripping the driver out".

Do you mean using uninstall utility for the driver to get rid off of any old versions related to EFI, and then reboot and fresh instal in the library?

TheOwl
10-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Sorry Owl, can you please define "stripping the driver out".

Do you mean using uninstall utility for the driver to get rid off of any old versions related to EFI, and then reboot and fresh instal in the library?

I'm not the greatest Mac tech out there, so the terminology here might be a bit off.

We have previously had machines out in the field in Mac environments and the customer has simply upgraded OSX which caused some issues with the drivers such as not passing through Account Track information or randomizing finishing features when enabled.

We then installed the new driver on to a fresh Mac and everything seemed to work fine, but installing the new driver on a machine that had been upgraded didn't seem to help.

The IT guys on site later found that stripping the driver out from the "printers library" and then re-installing the new driver fixed the issue. This was back on 10.5 to 10.6, but I am pretty sure the print system of Mavericks hasn't changed. There was a Konica Minolta folder with the extended machine features in it and then the printer PPD in the en.lproj folder. Both of these were deleted before the installation of the new driver.

habik
10-22-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm not the greatest Mac tech out there, so the terminology here might be a bit off.

We have previously had machines out in the field in Mac environments and the customer has simply upgraded OSX which caused some issues with the drivers such as not passing through Account Track information or randomizing finishing features when enabled.

We then installed the new driver on to a fresh Mac and everything seemed to work fine, but installing the new driver on a machine that had been upgraded didn't seem to help.

The IT guys on site later found that stripping the driver out from the "printers library" and then re-installing the new driver fixed the issue. This was back on 10.5 to 10.6, but I am pretty sure the print system of Mavericks hasn't changed. There was a Konica Minolta folder with the extended machine features in it and then the printer PPD in the en.lproj folder. Both of these were deleted before the installation of the new driver.

Brilliant! Many thanks, much appreciated Owl!!

Custom Search