PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 8050 adding toner

Custom Search

captkirk
04-24-2008, 01:08 PM
I have a 8050 that will not add toner. We have to add toner to the DV units about every 200 copies. It started with the black and now have moved to the yellow. We will replace the drums and the develvoper in all units soon. Could OLD Developer cause this or is something else to blame? You can hear the motors for the toners turning. We also have a C500 pro and someone might have used that toner for this machine. Would this have caused the problem. Thanks

random
04-24-2008, 01:46 PM
There are two sensors in the toner door one to tell the machine the door is shut and the other is to activate the hoppers. So the machine will tell you the doors is shut but the hoppers will still not function!! This is usually because the door is slightly twisted.

Check both switches in I/O or shove some paper in both switches. I have had this before swapped the black toner sensor twice in the hopper before I realized what was going on.

captkirk
04-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks Random. We cleaned one sensor and the other seems to be fine. I will run some copies later on today to see if this was the problem.

mikeena
04-24-2008, 06:18 PM
yeah that is a common problem with it. sensors get dirty and then you have to clean them. you should be good for awhile

Custom Search