PDA

View Full Version : how to service a Lanier 6716 photocopier?

Custom Search

akfak
04-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Red service man is flashing on the machine.
Require codes to analyse fault and code to reset the photocopier after repair is complete?
Can anybody help me.

DocF
04-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Lanier built nothing themselves. I am pretty sure that is an analog machine and is actually a Toshiba. Try posting there.

Doc

minolta35
04-26-2008, 07:01 AM
Lanier built nothing themselves. I am pretty sure that is an analog machine and is actually a Toshiba. Try posting there.

Doc
Lanier is cooperate 4 brands.This model manufactured by Sharp.This is 1015 analog machine on Sharp.Very old model.
Press C,interrupt,0,interrupt to entering service mode...2,0,print,1,print to goes of tech flashing.

minolta35
04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Lanier is cooperate 4 brands.This model manufactured by Sharp.This is 1015 analog machine on Sharp.Very old model.
Press C,interrupt,0,interrupt to entering service mode...2,0,print,1,print to goes of tech flashing.

Sorry this is Sharp 1016.

JustManuals
04-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Well according to the Katun list, it's actually a Sharp SF 2116

Paul@justmanuals.com

JOEYSULLIVAN
04-28-2008, 10:58 PM
The Sharp SF2116 has a factory set P/M of 50k. When the counter makes 50,000 copies, a little man and a sun symbol pop up in red on the control panel. The dealer had the option of shorting this P/M cycle or turning it off completely (mainly when the unit was under a service contract) The red lite indicators scared the Shite out of most end users, and would immediately call the dealer/Tech to replace the drum, the drum blade, upper fuser cleaning roller/ thermistor cleaning roller and developer. Thats what is in the P/M kit. This model was also a way to get that nasty toner recovery bottle to disappear. The waste toner is routed via that black tube to the core of the Drum. When the drum is filled, it trips a "flashing" red man lite and locks out the ready lamp. Empty/replace that drum and that will enable the green lite to signal "ready" status after a short warm up. Check the copy quality and P/M count (in diagnostics) and replace them if necessary. Reset the drum/developer counters if the items are replaced. Nothing like doing a P/m and forgetting to reset them only to get another call a week later when they pop on. DOH! I had this happen to me. P.S. That drum holds A LOT of toner so get a LARGE trash bag ready. And do a "C" "I" "0" "I" 25-1 to get any toner residue pushed out of the toner tube if the "flashing man" stays on. Good luck!

arriva1
04-30-2008, 03:40 AM
Its a sharp 2116 and the flashing man is the disposal is full. pull drum unit and empty disposal. make sure to empty it good toner gets rock hard in these modelsif it get packed full, Also clean out the tube that transports toner to disposal.

Custom Search