PDA

View Full Version : PRO C65hc

Custom Search

rabbit
10-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Hello

I've been checking this machine quite a few times by now, and it used to work fine until one day when it started to print
like in the documents attached to this post. It's quite strange and I admit I haven't seen anything like this so far.
I don't have the slightest ideea what it could be causing this image error.
Ialready change new controler IC-305, change interface kabel and change Image processing board.

This error occurs at the start of printing or the printing unannounced with no error code.

I enclose a picture. Please to solve the error.

dljorg
10-23-2014, 02:07 AM
Hello Rabbit -

Have not seen this on a 65hc but similar things happen on C6500 and C6501. There are mentions in the knowledge bases about a negative image problem and that seems to be what your sample pictures show.

Problem is most likely with the Image Processing Board as the number one choice. Second possibility is the Fiery video card or maybe the cable between the copier and the Fiery. If expense is a problem you could try just reversing the Fiery to copier cable end for end - that makes sure the connections are good. You might also try putting the Fiery video card in a different slot in the Fiery computer. Then comes the expensive boards.

The Fiery video card has had multiple versions and this negative image problem was supposed to be solved at some point. If you have a later version you could eliminate that. Can't seem to find the bulletin about what rev level of the video card had the fix for this but I think it was version 4. Version is rubber stamped on the board.

Reply in this thread to say what did the job.

DLJORG
Waterbury, CT

orghost
10-24-2014, 01:11 AM
I have seen this before, for me it only happened when using mixed media (thick/thin) it took a special firmware to fix. OBTW I replaced ALL the relevant boards with no effect prior to discovering the firmware fix.

Custom Search