PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 283/423/363 authentication issues w/Active Directory (2008 R2)

Custom Search

jonesjoh
10-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Hello All,

I'm in serious need of a solution to my intermittent authentication issues with the Bizhub model MFPs. I have been struggling off/on (~6 mths) to figure out the inconsistency of this authentication problem. We have a mix of Konica Bizhub 283, 423, 363, C360 series model MFP that require CAC/PIV for network scans only. With our current configuration setup, authentication probably works about 30% of the times attempted at any given time of the day. I don't know whether to attribute this to network latency or misconfiguration.

Service Mode [SoftSwitch] - Authenticated w/Principal Name [AD Only] **LDAP/NTLMv1/2 not avail**

Environment: Server 2008 R2
NTP: Set to ADserver IP
External Server Name: Server1; Server2
Server Type: Active Directory
Def Domain Name: DC (FQDN) ALL CAPS (doesn't work) | Only AD domain name (blah.domain) (works 30-40%) **we have a lot (100+) of DCs associated/registered to our domain name**
LDAP: ON
LDAP Settings: DC FQDN or IP | GSS-SPNEGO | Port 389
Root Certs: Installed
DHCP: ON w/Reservation
DNS: Auto-Obtain from DHCP

Like I said before it works roughly 30-40% upon CAC logins. All MFPs are on a print server and resides within their own print vlan(s) separate from the print server. Please any assistance/advice will be greatly appreciated.

wseyller
10-25-2014, 06:48 AM
You may need to use wireshark during the failure to see what is happening.

Custom Search