PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C451 Error C2204

Custom Search

aAandy
10-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Hey Everyone

C2204: Waste toner agitating motor’s failure to turn

i have the service manual & have checked everything, M20 works fine, gears rotate, little flag in waste box does its' thing, window is clear,,,, tested sensor PS23 & swapped it with waste toner full sensor & tested that correct voltages appear at CN24PRCB pin 4 & all appears OK (switches between 3.3V & 0v when either the flag or my finger blocks the sensor),,,, Service Mode/State Confirmation/Sensor Check does not include a test for this sensor

this error code does not occur during "cleaning" (first mode after power-up & boot) unless i deliberately jam the waste toner auger in which case the error occurs within about a second - but soon as the machine goes into "stabilizing image" mode the error occurs within about a second

here's the history - due to poor print quality & replace warnings, client bought 4 new (yeah, could be reman) process units from China & got me out to fit Aussie chips to them & install - the machine was working fine before i touched it aside from C/Q issues

sadly the new cyan drum unit (dev drive) was jammed solid, so the machine dev drive coupling shattered upon installation of the unit - i'll never again forget to check that before install, as the coupling is not available separately, one has to procure the entire main drive unit at about $700.00, not to mention the 3-4 hr job to replace the thing

so, i removed the main drive gearbox & repaired the shattered coupling, but i also managed to slightly damage the uber-fine PT disk on the black drum drive - when i put it all back together, it came up with this error code C2204 - i did manage to get 5 print-count prints out of it during all my stuffing around (god only knows how), but that aside the error keeps-a-comin

could the slight damage to the PT disk cause this error (timing error)?? if not anyone got suggestions? remember, the fault did not occur before (i have arranged for a replacement main drive unit)

hopefully someone out there has seen something like this or perhaps someone knows of a relevant tech bulletin :confused:

many thanks in advance

Andy

Max
10-24-2014, 10:14 AM
You should be ok if the disk is only slightly deformed but you will get colour registration problems if any of the gaps in the disk are damaged and probably K drum rotation error. Regarding the C2204 possibly trapped/loose connection or even damaged board.

aAandy
10-25-2014, 02:01 AM
You should be ok if the disk is only slightly deformed but you will get colour registration problems if any of the gaps in the disk are damaged and probably K drum rotation error. Regarding the C2204 possibly trapped/loose connection or even damaged board.

no registration or drum rotation errors, only C2204

were it a trapped/loose wire, the error would occur during "cleaning", it does not unless i physically jam the waste toner auger - i have checked for poor connections, damaged or pinched wires, including continuity & resistance (to ground) checks - all OK

seems to me the only thing that has changed is the slight damage to the PT disk,,, guess i'll know for sure when i return & replace the main drive unit (will also take a controller PRPCB just in case)

thanks for your input!!

blackcat4866
10-25-2014, 03:00 AM
no registration or drum rotation errors, only C2204

were it a trapped/loose wire, the error would occur during "cleaning", it does not unless i physically jam the waste toner auger - i have checked for poor connections, damaged or pinched wires, including continuity & resistance (to ground) checks - all OK

seems to me the only thing that has changed is the slight damage to the PT disk,,, guess i'll know for sure when i return & replace the main drive unit (will also take a controller PRPCB just in case)

thanks for your input!!

I hate to say it, but it will probably be the PRCB. It's a good thing that your customer saved $100 on those remanufactured image units. They've spent 10x that amount in resulting damage. =^..^=

PeterG
10-27-2014, 05:25 AM
I know this will sound stupid, but have you tried changing the waste toner cartridge?
I have seen that error dozens of times. You replace the waste toner cartridge & it goes away.

copier tech
10-28-2014, 09:00 AM
I agree with PeterG, the Katurn WT boxes throw this error, the drive on them is slightly stiff for the WT motor to turn.

Never empty theese & always use OEM.​

aAandy
10-29-2014, 11:21 PM
update

i replaced the main drive unit with a used one & after reassembly the C2204 error did not recur - i can only presume the PT disk damage caused some timing error as nothing else was done

okay, now i have a working machine with 4 new imaging units, but now i have a colour registration/skew problem (colour registration is darned close machine rear & out 1mm machine front for cyan & magenta) - i've tried gradation adjust & stabilization but no change (didn't have the manual on hand at the time)

i'm now reading through the manual, but if anyone who has had alot of experience on this series could walk me through correction procedures, it would be very much appreciated

n.b. no error codes are showing in error history aside from C2204

copier tech
10-30-2014, 08:34 AM
How long did it take you to replace the main drive unit!??

aAandy
10-30-2014, 09:11 AM
How long did it take you to replace the main drive unit!??

took me 30 mins to remove the main drive unit from a wreck machine,, though it was partially dismantled

from complete machine - to strip down - to complete machine,, about 3 hrs (3rd time around now) - though i did spend a fair bit of time triple checking wiring harnesses & connectors........

kingarthur
10-30-2014, 05:59 PM
this might help with your colour shift...would suspect it might be different versions of FW for you though

2) Colour shift in main scan directionThe amount of colour shift is different between front and back side. Colour shift is 1 to 3 mm in the worstcase.This problem occurs on Ver.6B only (function enhancement version2)
Condition
The problem will be observed when either of the below 2 conditions are met. However it depends on thegain of the image density sensor (IDC).1. When the MFP returns from sleep mode within 8 hours from the last image stabilization.2. When the MFP detects a temperature change in laser assy of more than 2 degrees from the lastregistration control when returning from sleep mode.
The problem will be recovered by turning the MFP off\on or running image stabilization however this is a temporarysolution.
Workaround
Cancel sleep mode in administrator setting menu- Set Sleep Mode Setting "OFF"- Set Power save Key "Low Power"
Permanent countermeasure
Apply new FW (V 6M) available on the UK section of the infohub.C451 - A00K0Y0-F000-G00-6M
C550 - A00J0Y0-F000-G00-6MC650 - A00H0Y0-F000-G00-6M

aAandy
10-31-2014, 12:50 AM
this might help with your colour shift...would suspect it might be different versions of FW for you though

2) Colour shift in main scan directionThe amount of colour shift is different between front and back side. Colour shift is 1 to 3 mm in the worstcase.This problem occurs on Ver.6B only (function enhancement version2)

Condition

The problem will be observed when either of the below 2 conditions are met. However it depends on thegain of the image density sensor (IDC).1. When the MFP returns from sleep mode within 8 hours from the last image stabilization.2. When the MFP detects a temperature change in laser assy of more than 2 degrees from the lastregistration control when returning from sleep mode.

The problem will be recovered by turning the MFP off\on or running image stabilization however this is a temporarysolution.

Workaround

Cancel sleep mode in administrator setting menu- Set Sleep Mode Setting "OFF"- Set Power save Key "Low Power"

Permanent countermeasure

Apply new FW (V 6M) available on the UK section of the infohub.C451 - A00K0Y0-F000-G00-

6M

C550 - A00J0Y0-F000-G00-

6M
C650 - A00H0Y0-F000-G00-6M

thank you for this - mind you turning the machine off/on & running image stabilization did not rectify this problem at all

Custom Search