PDA

View Full Version : E series machines with 9403 6755 for df-701 and other dual scan boards

Custom Search

BizTech
10-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Tech pub 9474 9475

Hello so it isn't as important now but since Konica has released tech pubs finally about this problem. Its bad manufacturing in the HDMI cable, they are to fat for the opening in the doc feeder so china is cutting away the insulation and damaging the cables. does not happen to all cables and seems to normaly manifest issues after a week or two of being in the field. I personaly have had 5 come with this issue. 3 were fixed by doing the timing adjustment for the cis cleaning brush, which is in the manual. But 2 i could not fix in this manner.

After replacing all the boards and cable and harnesses i could get my hands on, it came down to the hdmi cable, which went on back order in august. They have changed the part number to a thinner cable but those will not be arriving to North America anytime soon. Canada and Mexico are also reporting this problem. MY last two machines we pulled the cables of our working demo floor machines and installed them to the machines in the field and it has fixed them <for now>. Hope this helps anyone out there who is pulling their hair out.

CompyTech
10-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech pub 9474 9475

Hello so it isn't as important now but since Konica has released tech pubs finally about this problem. Its bad manufacturing in the HDMI cable, they are to fat for the opening in the doc feeder so china is cutting away the insulation and damaging the cables. does not happen to all cables and seems to normaly manifest issues after a week or two of being in the field. I personaly have had 5 come with this issue. 3 were fixed by doing the timing adjustment for the cis cleaning brush, which is in the manual. But 2 i could not fix in this manner.

After replacing all the boards and cable and harnesses i could get my hands on, it came down to the hdmi cable, which went on back order in august. They have changed the part number to a thinner cable but those will not be arriving to North America anytime soon. Canada and Mexico are also reporting this problem. MY last two machines we pulled the cables of our working demo floor machines and installed them to the machines in the field and it has fixed them <for now>. Hope this helps anyone out there who is pulling their hair out.

We've got one with this problem, we've ordered the cable it was on back order. The bulletin came out 2 days later and still waiting on the cable, on back order...:(

BizTech
10-24-2014, 09:34 PM
You wont be getting it any time soon. I spoke with SOS a few days ago and there are 300 on order for the US 100+ on order for Canada, more for Mexico. And they told me the shipment coming "some time late November" will only have 40.... But they also told me it would be october 10th in august, October 25, and now just some time late November :(

wseyller
10-24-2014, 09:57 PM
I've had one on back order while also.

Hansoon
10-25-2014, 02:58 AM
Unbelievable that errors of this kind happen to a well known an large manufacturer.......

Hans

EarthKmTech
10-26-2014, 12:02 AM
I carry these cables in my personal stock, many other techs do too. This is not uncommon.

I have found most of the time the damaged cables are on machines where the document feeder hinges were not set correctly after installation, ie, the ADF can open the whole way up.

It is not just E series, this problem has been ongoing since the 4 series first appeared. I would say its ridiculous that it has taken this long for them to finally decide to use a different cable.

I don't know that it is actually internal breakage as you can test the cable pin for pin and test out ok - i think its more because of the shielding being clamped and deformed right next to the CIS with a metal clamp, Perhaps adding unwanted capacitance.

It pays to hang onto these things for spare parts too

BizTech
10-31-2014, 05:34 PM
Well i got 2 cables <thank god> after months of waiting, and they fixed the issue no problem. The new cable is much much slimmer then the old style cable. Where did you get your stock of cables from Earthkmtech? Wish they had just come out with these pubs months earlier, would have saved alot of grief.

wseyller
11-02-2014, 02:42 AM
I had one with a 9403 error. The threads for the hinge were broken. So I had to replace the frame and I also replaced the adf cable just in case. I felt pretty good about the repairs I made and wasn't too complex. I did this repair in-house and installed it on a demo machine to test but have an issue.

The pickup rollers don't lift up. It does detect whether the adf door is open but the motor never turns on.

We have a new adf that one other tech took the adf cable out for another customer's adf and I decided to borrow parts for troubleshooting. I 1st tried the control board that the motor connects to. Then the next day I installed on a different demo machine. I tried new cable from motor to control board and then the motor itself.

At this point I'm going to take it apart and check over my work. Thinking must be some other item in adf that needs to function before the control board supplies voltage to the pickup feed motor.

wseyller
11-03-2014, 01:31 PM
I forgot to get the magnet off old frame is why my doc feed motor wouldn't turn on.

Custom Search