PDA

View Full Version : FS533 inner finisher not functoning properly Jam code 99-08

Custom Search

mbcruzin
10-27-2014, 05:10 PM
I have an FS533 inner finisher that has been giving me a fit. Issue follows accessory so I'm safe in assuming its not a machine issue. Here is what happens. When given a print or copy job the machine will start up and then pull paper. when the job is ready to exit the machine the finisher tray doesn't lift. Then the job exits. Now when you run the next copy/print job the machine will fire up, and then stay there till it displays a jam situation. None of the jam indicators are highlighted, but an error 99-08 is shown. The job is lost from the Que, and may go back to working normally for a time. I have replaced the Finisher Board and have tested it on several other Main Frames. With the same results. Also it appears that stapling, sorting, grouping, etc has no change in the issue. any thoughts on this would be helpful.

Thanks
Kevin

emujo
10-27-2014, 07:08 PM
99-08 is a controller jam, try updating firmware to latest levels and bring your function version to at least 6 (J5 is version 7). Emujo

EarthKmTech
10-28-2014, 12:29 AM
I suggest you work out why the finisher tray isnt lifting, this is probably the real problem here as the finisher is not communicating its problem back to the machine after the jobs exited and the machine isnt aware of one till the next job.

A stuck or flipped actuator at the exit usually causes this.

jwrycza
07-16-2015, 09:55 PM
I know this is an older post but, I am wondering if this was ever fixed? I have the exact same problem I am dealing with right now. The exit tray will not lift. I loaded K5 Firmware on it, brought it to function version 7, replaced the lift motor and sensor, the finisher control board and it still does not work. the 9908 code is what trips but, it is a finisher issue. I would love any insight on this problem!

mbcruzin
08-05-2015, 08:30 PM
I know this is an older post but, I am wondering if this was ever fixed? I have the exact same problem I am dealing with right now. The exit tray will not lift. I loaded K5 Firmware on it, brought it to function version 7, replaced the lift motor and sensor, the finisher control board and it still does not work. the 9908 code is what trips but, it is a finisher issue. I would love any insight on this problem!

Not as of yet. This one got put on the back burner and then went back out in the field ( GRRRRRRRRR ) now its back in the shop. We are going to start with the newest firm ware and work our way from there. If anyone has come across this issue please help!!!

jwrycza
08-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Not as of yet. This one got put on the back burner and then went back out in the field ( GRRRRRRRRR ) now its back in the shop. We are going to start with the newest firm ware and work our way from there. If anyone has come across this issue please help!!!

Mine has been repaired! Replace the exit fingers solenoid. It is weak not causing the exit fingers to drop far enough and trigger the tray to rise. If you actuate it by hand, it will work. Solenoid took care of the problem!

andyf424
09-13-2016, 03:47 PM
The folks over at SSD are having me replace SD101 and the FSCB as a pair.

A2YUPPV300 is the solenoid

joelea
08-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Mine has been repaired! Replace the exit fingers solenoid. It is weak not causing the exit fingers to drop far enough and trigger the tray to rise. If you actuate it by hand, it will work. Solenoid took care of the problem!

what is solenoid called in parts manual ? is it the sd101?

Custom Search