PDA

View Full Version : BizhubPro 1200 with error code C-2217

Custom Search

Captain Jack
10-28-2014, 03:24 PM
The motor for main toner hopper under the toner bottle keeps trying to add toner and packs the cup/mixing unit on the bottom and packs toner in the rubber tubes connected to it. After cleaning out everything the same thing happens again until the cup/mixing unit gets so packed the gears start skipping and make loud noise. The upper intermediate toner hopper is about half full, I was thinking that's why it keeps wanting to add more toner, not sure how full these little intermediate hoppers run, I ordered both toner and air pumps thinking this is why the rubber tubes are packing with toner down at the cup/mixing unit. Has anyone had a chance to work on the toner system what might know how things work. How much toner stays in the air separation unit and full does the intermediate toner hopper stay at ?

Captain Jack
10-31-2014, 01:47 AM
:D Hey we fixed it ! Tried to run the I/O for the toner motor and and could not turn it off so we tried the top toner hopper motor in the I/O and it worked , so we swapped the two identical motors and blew off all the toner dust covering the motor bd. assy. and now both motors are working fine. So it was either a re-seat on the connector or toner dust.

antone
12-17-2017, 08:19 PM
:D Hey we fixed it ! Tried to run the I/O for the toner motor and and could not turn it off so we tried the top toner hopper motor in the I/O and it worked , so we swapped the two identical motors and blew off all the toner dust covering the motor bd. assy. and now both motors are working fine. So it was either a re-seat on the connector or toner dust.Having same problem......after 300 copies C2217 pops up.....any more 411

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

wjurls
12-18-2017, 04:49 PM
There is a bulletin for the cone shaped cup packing but it has to do with the gears not meshing properly. The cup shouldn't have any quantity of toner in it. It is only a air/toner mixing station. The sensor is there just to detect a packing situation and will throw the 2217 code if it detects toner for a certain period of time. The two pump motors are essentially the same, but the pumps are backwards which make them not interchangeable. The only place that should have just toner is the hopper below the bottle, the air separation unit and the intermediate hopper that feeds into the dev unit. The rest of the system (Tubes, pumps, cup section) should have an air/toner mixture. If the toner hopper is dropping toner into the cup without the air pumps running you will have problems. I battled this code on a 951 for quite a while. Even though the pumps were running, one of the tubes kept plugging up. The final fix was to replace both pumps and the air/sep unit simultaneously.

Hope this helps.

Lee
The Copy Guys

allan
12-18-2017, 06:02 PM
Must say the color coding and numbering on these machines makes it a lot easier to avoid mistakes with flow directions.

Custom Search