PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C253 Original Size Error

Custom Search

mearmi
10-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Konica Minolta C253 When we place an original on the ADF to copy/scan it gives an error. Remove Original from the platen glass.

One thing we noticed. If we lift up the ADF and Close it. We get message "A3 is detected" as there is no original on the Platen Glass.

Have Replaced the ADF but same error.

Please advise.

Thanks and kind regards,

Mearmi

Karrion8
10-28-2014, 11:34 PM
CAUSE: Different situations may cause the problem:

Scan area adjustment failure.
CCD may misdetect outside light such as fluorescent lamp as an original.
Scanner and mirror unit position adjustment failure.
Loose connection between CCD board (CCDB) and Image processing board (IPB/PWB-C).
Incorrect selection of TABLE SIZE 2.

SOLUTION: Following are the recommended actions to take for each of the causes listed above.

Scan area adjustment failure.

Check set value of side edge of image position under Scan area adjustment. Misdetection may occur when the value is over + 4.1mm. Set the value under +4.1mm and then turn OFF/ON the main power. Set value cannot be reflected if the procedure is not performed.
This is located under Service Mode:
a Scan AreaImage Position Leading Edge = 0.9mm (approximate value)
a Image Position Side Edge = -0.2 mm (approximate value - do not go above +4.1mm)
a Cross Direction Adjustment = X1.000
a Feed Direction Adjustment = X1.000
Note: When the adjustment of Scanner and the position of its components are proper, the value is sure to be under +4.1mm.

CCD may misdetect outside light such as fluorescent lamp as an original.

Lower the document feeder at a 20 degree angle and hold it (Exposure lamp lights at this point). Copy with one of the misdetected paper sizes and check if the output image is blank or very has low image density areas corresponding to the front side of the original glass. If so, ambient light may be reaching the CCD.
1. Move the machine to a place not influenced by any outside lighting.
2. Adjust the original detection timing from 20 to 16 degrees so as to block outside light by the document feeder. Refer to the photo in the attached Technical Notice. Attach/glue adequately sized plastic plate, such as acrylic, approximately 4.5mm in length, on the catch claw of the document feeder actuator in order to extend the height of it and change the original detecting angle to approximately 16 degrees.
CAUTION: If the original detecting angle is extremely decreased, misdetection may also occur.
3. Replace the current DF actuator (p/n 9J07 2007 01) with the modified one (p/n 9J07 2007 02) so as to change the detection timing to approximately 15 degrees. Please see attached Parts Manual pages as a reference.

Scanner and mirrors unit position adjustment failure.

Perform Focus positioning of the scanner and mirrors unit adjustment and Scanner position adjustment.

Loose connection between CCD board (CCDB) and Image processing board (IPB/PWB-C).

Remove both connectors mounted on the CCDB and IPB and then securely reseat them.

Incorrect selection of TABLE SIZE 2.

Hansoon
10-29-2014, 06:31 AM
One should not underestimate the almost invisible haze at the underside of the platen glass. Cleaning did often wonders for me in such cases.

Hans

allan
10-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Mmm check the reed switch on the scanner side. It works with a magnet on the DF to let the machine know that the DF has been opened and closed. if that does not work it thinks the paper is still on the glass. I had faulty size detection sensors before. Slam the DF a little don't let your customer see this and check if that helps.

habik
10-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Mmm check the reed switch on the scanner side. It works with a magnet on the DF to let the machine know that the DF has been opened and closed. if that does not work it thinks the paper is still on the glass. I had faulty size detection sensors before. Slam the DF a little don't let your customer see this and check if that helps.

My experience with slamming magnetised screwdriver is that it loosed magnetism. :) I might be wrong on permanent magnets. Optionally a piece of neodymium magnet aside the original can make difference.
I am inclined towards Hansoon's suggestion.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

emujo
10-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Here's a much better method for checking the DF open/close sensor...SENSOR TEST MODE!!! But banging the ADF shut a few time comes a close 2nd. Emujo

Hansoon
10-30-2014, 06:24 AM
But banging the ADF shut a few time comes a close 2nd. Emujo

LOL

....and I always believed that I discovered that method exclusively myself.

Hans

allan
10-30-2014, 07:41 AM
I meant to slam it once just to check. You would be surprised how many things comes right with a slight beating :p

Hansoon
10-30-2014, 08:15 AM
You would be surprised how many things comes right with a slight beating :p

Hopefully you are not talking about your partner.....

Hans

allan
10-30-2014, 08:38 AM
Hehe :cool:

Custom Search