PDA

View Full Version : Konica 951 Fs532

Custom Search

jaredfmn
10-29-2014, 03:37 AM
We have a pro 951 B&W that the finisher when doing sorting single sided copies or printing. The copies will sometimes fly off the lower exit tray or stack unevenly. We have swapped the entire finisher and the problem still persists????? Any suggestions? the firmware is up to date as well.

fajdoooo
11-03-2014, 11:41 AM
We have a pro 951 B&W that the finisher when doing sorting single sided copies or printing. The copies will sometimes fly off the lower exit tray or stack unevenly. We have swapped the entire finisher and the problem still persists????? Any suggestions? the firmware is up to date as well.

Hello,

I had a similar problem on the device pro950 with FS-528. On the upper part of the output shelves , I glued a more hard plastic which pressure the paper down against the shelf. It was assumed that the paper slowly comes to shelves and for this reason , the following are bumps into him. I wil put some pic next time I will be at the coustomore.
BR

manuelcorrea
11-03-2014, 09:09 PM
It's weird that both finishers would do the same thing. Check the springs that are behind the 4 fingers that press down on the stack of paper. Sometimes they break.

fajdoooo
11-12-2014, 09:59 AM
It's weird that both finishers would do the same thing. Check the springs that are behind the 4 fingers that press down on the stack of paper. Sometimes they break.

I found some pic. what happend at my finisher. If someone had any IDEA how to fix it, please help:)270752707727076

habik
11-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Shit Paper. Try landscape print!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

fajdoooo
11-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Shit Paper. Try landscape print!

I tried vith 3 diferent papers, same sh.. I tried landscap and it was bether, but same sh.. I even replace finisher vith new one, and it was ok for around 2,5 mio prints. Then the problem come back. Any sugsetion?

fajdoooo
11-13-2014, 01:09 PM
http://youtu.be/hIGeMylwjnQ

This is how we temporary solved a problem :)

habik
11-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Nice one :) :)

I wonder, have you tried adding anti-static brush to the exit section of the finisher and ground the brush and the tray?

fajdoooo
11-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Yes I did. The maschine is all metall, and the finisher is also metall.

blackcat4866
09-04-2015, 03:26 AM
Has anyone found a more permanent solution? For me, it's stapled sets of two pages. The staple makes one end significantly thicker, and the stacks leans and twists. It seems to affect thicker sets much less. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
09-04-2015, 03:55 AM
Has anyone found a more permanent solution? For me, it's stapled sets of two pages. The staple makes one end significantly thicker, and the stacks leans and twists. It seems to affect thicker sets much less. =^..^=

These issues have been caused by a cracked or broken "Rotation Shaft Assembly". I've done 3 or 4. p/n a4f3r70b11

Basically there are two lower paddles in addition to the two upper paddles that knock down the paper. Here we're talking about the lower paddles.

two hints

1) there are 2 extra clips on the assembly you're removing to use when you drop one.

2) a dab of grease always helps c-clips defy gravity.

blackcat4866
09-05-2015, 03:13 AM
The flippy arms are brand new, just changed. The front one was cracked at the shaft.

I did fix it, though, to my great surprise.
I have two of these side by side, so I got my keyop to set up an offset job on each machine, then I would sit and watch each machine to see the differences. I tried fajdoooo's trick of setting up the ruler to hang at the leading edge. I noticed that when I set up the ruler to overlap the top of the stack by 6mm, the top-of-the-stack height changed considerably. I expected some variation, but not 15mm or more.

Then I noticed that the grippers that tap the top of the stack were coming up short of touching the paper stack by 6mm or more. Also I noticed that the upper limit sensor LED1 was at the top of the slot at the front, and PS14 was at the bottom of the slot at the rear and bottomed out in it's adjustment.

When I raised the PS14 at the rear by 8mm, then both the front and back (sender and receiver) were even at the top of the slot in the cover. The dangling ruler detected variation of ~6mm, and the grippers tapped the paper stack every time. As a consequence the offset stack is perfectly even and true.

I believe the wild variation in height means that the side tappers are sometimes not touching the side of the stack, and the grippers are not keeping the stack steady, letting static move the paper around. As a side benefit, we're no longer getting the message "The tray is full. Please remove the paper from the tray." after only 300 or 400 pages, sometimes less. And when you do need to remove the paper, the message clears, which it didn't do before. I believed that it had something to do with the sensor in the center of the elevator tray, but in truth, it's the relationship between PS14 elevator tray upper limit, and PS46 near tray empty sensor. Essentially when the elevator tray is empty and lifting, PS46 and PS14 must trip about at the same time.

I hope that helps somebody. I sure did a lot of head scratching over this one. =^..^=

habik
09-07-2015, 04:46 PM
Well done BlackCat and thank you for the solution!

allan
09-07-2015, 05:17 PM
There is stack settings that needs to be completed on setup and when a FS is changed.

allan
09-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Just checked the manual. The finisher adjustment is very comprehensive. it's possible to adjust for both main and sub scan misalignment. I was warned about this problem in training.

bachirabouzeid
09-09-2015, 02:28 PM
probably the gripper /lw [1] is broken

blackcat4866
09-10-2015, 01:54 AM
The flippy arms are brand new, just changed. The front one was cracked at the shaft.

probably the gripper /lw [1] is broken

bachirabouzeid: That's already been changed/new.

Apparently that's not the whole deal. Back today.
You must have a different manual, allan, because I could not find a single mention of the main tray height adjustment.

I have identified another difference between my two finishers. Left MFP, after every 3 or 4 pages moves down/up/down/up. Just a few mm, but consistently. Right MFP, after every 3 or 4 pages moves down (but not up), leaving an ever increasing gap between the top of the stack and the grippers.

The finisher has had a controller, firmware, LED1, PS14, and the photointerrupter for that center flag. There just aren't any other components involved, so there must be some adjustment I haven't got right.

I don't know if I can upload a .mov file. Lets give it a try.
Nope. The forum won't take that file type. Send a PM if you'd like to see the little movie. =^..^=

allan
09-10-2015, 07:34 AM
Yes you are right it's only for FD and CD. The tray height should be controlled by position sensors only.
Maybe change the 2 finishers. If the problem says with the machine...

MVPunisher
11-06-2015, 04:21 PM
How did you make out here?

blackcat4866
11-07-2015, 12:57 AM
Swapped finishers. The problem follows the finisher. One of our other techs is replacing the static eliminators, but personally I don't see how that will improve the tray movement/tray height, which IMHO is the main issue. We've started the long drawn out process of getting KM to take a look at this issue. =^..^=

MINOLTAMAN1
11-07-2015, 11:55 PM
I had one once doing something similar. It seems like the paper size in the drawer was either set incorrectly (like running letter size paper with tray set to A4) or it would jump sizes during a print job which would make the finisher either eject the paper harder or longer (it has been a while and that call is a little fuzzy in my mind) The size mismatch was not enough to cause a jam, but it would mess with punching or ejection. Doesn't sound like a finisher issue however being as how you've swapped it out with same results.

MVPunisher
11-17-2015, 04:00 PM
These issues have been caused by a cracked or broken "Rotation Shaft Assembly". I've done 3 or 4. p/n a4f3r70b11

Basically there are two lower paddles in addition to the two upper paddles that knock down the paper. Here we're talking about the lower paddles.

two hints

1) there are 2 extra clips on the assembly you're removing to use when you drop one.

2) a dab of grease always helps c-clips defy gravity.

Spot on. This fixed mine, and yea the clips were fun haha

Custom Search