PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 200 and all related, rebuilt fuser moaning noise

Custom Search

Don N.
10-29-2014, 02:45 PM
We rebuild the BH200, 250, 350, 222, 282, 362, and
now 223,283,363 fusers with Densi or Ktn UFR, C/L UFR bearings, LFR bearings,
Getting a ton of them with rotational, repetitive
moaning, about once per UFR revolution. Usually not immediately, but within a few hundred pages, and usually worse when hot. Lube all with
Uniflor or other hi-temp grease every place imaginable, every sleeve & bearing surface, etc... About 1/3 still moan when hot. Anybody
solve this? Thanks!

Hansoon
10-30-2014, 06:19 AM
Yes we had this too about a year ago with several brands of after market rollers ( One very well known large brand of after market parts was the worst btw) and especially when we covered the thermistors with thermistor tape.
I removed that tape and pushed the thermistor a very little backwards to release the tension a little. Until now problem didn't came back. Since we are using exclusively after market toner I was never sure if this could play a role too.

Hans

allan
10-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Bad after market toner is the worst thing you can out into a machine. It would mess up every thing. Mag rollers, Dev seals, Collars, Drums, transfer roller, heat rollers. The yield on say a B363 is 480 000, with bad toner it would last about 60 000. We used to use Chinese toner but after massive loss found a German made toner that works ok. Bad toner would bring out a bright chirping noise out of your machine.

Don N.
10-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Yes we had this too about a year ago with several brands of after market rollers ( One very well known large brand of after market parts was the worst btw) and especially when we covered the thermistors with thermistor tape.
I removed that tape and pushed the thermistor a very little backwards to release the tension a little. Until now problem didn't came back. Since we are using exclusively after market toner I was never sure if this could play a role too.

Hans

Hans, We are going to pursue the thermister theory. We started taping them due to the fine cut line from the therm, but cheap tape was peeling off. I think that was my fault for buying the big roll for less money. Seems like the short strips have better adhesive, IF MEMORY SERVES. Maybe our practice of adjusting the thermistor for lightest contact is causing the problem, addied to the thickness of the K & D aftermarket rollers seems crazy thin. We have to go with K or D brands, as it seems most others would re-print toner in a day or two. They were a grey/charcoal color, not shiny black, and they come from China, and two or three US suppliers.
Just to compound the problem, I just pulled a fuser with lots of toner sticking to roller after just 2 months & under 10k. Its a K brand. We failed to document the brand previous, but the last fuser had same trouble after just a few months. At that time most were K brand. Toner is/was K brand, occasionally D. I'm starting to hear the fuser noise in my sleep!!!

Hansoon
10-30-2014, 04:23 PM
Don, I had - have - this issue with sticking toner too, but not always. There is a residue sticking in most cases almost all the time to the front of the UFR only. Never to the rear and rarely in the middle. This happens with several different machines in many locations. Only thing often in common is that those customers where using pre-printed letter heads and indeed most of the UFR's where K brand.

I use without exception after market toner from a very large local supplier here in Germany but not K. Not sure where the toner comes from but I think he buys Tomeogawa toner in bulk from Japan.

Since I don't want to do research and trouble shooting for K and others I found a small factory producing for me my own type of UFR for the BH-350/363/423 series and until now, since 3 month's, the results look promising. They have a nice shiny bronze metallic looking Teflon coating not the dull black coating as from our friends....

Hans

Don N.
10-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Hans,
The bronze you describe sounds like the oem bh200 im looking at right now. They are the best quality, but never been able to find them. So,,, BUDDY!,, do you think it's feasible to ship us a few? We still have these out there by the dozens, and currently selling the refurb'd 223 series which appears to be the same. I also have an mod idea for extending the life of these and similar fusers. Drop me an email if interested. copierworks at g mail dot com.

Hansoon
10-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Don, you got post.

Hans

Custom Search