PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C452e Life Stop Message on Mac Driver

Custom Search

occus
10-30-2014, 10:40 AM
Hi

A customer has me informed that he get a message on his Mac that the drums has reached the lifetime. (Messagebox before printjob)
Machine: Bizhub C452e

Is it possible to disable this message?
The switches are set to "not stop" and "no warnings"
Thanks for feedback.

By the way, is it possible to deactivate the same on a bizhub non "e" series? without oilcan or messages?

emujo
10-30-2014, 01:35 PM
No such animal "C452e", but sounds like you have a Fiery on the MFP, and if so, then no, there is no way to mask these messages as the Fiery is picking them up as status reports from the MFP and passing them along. More bad news, the oil can icons can't be eliminated, but there is a reason behind this...The servicing tech should be able to see the icon, and if no warning comes up he/she can see that there is no "problem" but should be aware that an item affecting CQ has reached its life end and may have to be addresses if CQ is falling off. The end of life messages also are shown through PSWC and can't be disabled here either. Emujo

occus
10-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Hi emujo

Thanks for reply. Sorry my mistake 454e of course :o (not C452e)
No there is no fiery... I have a c284e and on Mac's and there i get no messages...

No possiblity to deactivate the oilcan is not correct, it is possible to eliminate the icon on user interface, only in Servicemode you can see it.
But now maybe i have the solution for my problem... the function level 5 is needed for that! I'm sure the c454e has not this level.

Has somebody load a "e" firmware on a "non e" machine?
I now it is possible but KM say it is better only when the customer need openAPI... but with this the oilcan is away on user interface, and only visible in servicemode. I ask because i don't wanna other problems...

HoonBoy
10-31-2014, 10:12 PM
Hi emujo

Thanks for reply. Sorry my mistake 454e of course :o (not C452e)
No there is no fiery... I have a c284e and on Mac's and there i get no messages...

No possiblity to deactivate the oilcan is not correct, it is possible to eliminate the icon on user interface, only in Servicemode you can see it.
But now maybe i have the solution for my problem... the function level 5 is needed for that! I'm sure the c454e has not this level.

Has somebody load a "e" firmware on a "non e" machine?
I now it is possible but KM say it is better only when the customer need openAPI... but with this the oilcan is away on user interface, and only visible in servicemode. I ask because i don't wanna other problems...

e firmware will not work on non e machines.. But there is firmware with function version 6 is available for the non e machines... This will make the oil can disappear... Just like on the e version machines...;)

EarthKmTech
11-01-2014, 12:55 AM
make sure your customer isnt using the generic PS driver mac OSX will choose by default when automatically connecting to a discovered konica minolta when the driver has not previously been installed.

You have to use the correct konica minolta driver or you WILL have this problem, even when the drums are new!

occus
01-15-2015, 10:55 AM
After visit i can tell you:

If i print on mac, the spooler icon pop up and shows a orange warning triangle... (replace drum)
If the printjob takes enough time (more than 5 sec. you can see that and the customers klicks on it and see the message.
My problem is i don't want that my customers can see this warning (lifestop disabled)

@EarthKmTech
I use the KM driver, better to say the develop (german brand) driver.

At the moment i try to disable the snmp protocoll and have to wait. Maybe if i stop the comunication i can resolve the problem.
Note! on pure Mac enviroment you can disable, but on windows server installation i get problems whit "printer offline" lokal installation was not a problem.

Custom Search