PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C454e Reboots when print is sent to it.

Custom Search

copytechman
10-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Here's the scoop! Brand new C454e, J6 firmware. Reboots only when printing from internal controller and from print report function from control panel. It copies fine, prints internal service mode lists and gradations and internal test prints fine. Prints from attached fiery are fine as well. Have reseated memory, ssd, hdd, and anything else I could find. No change.. I have put in for a diagnostic mfpb for the machine as I can't think of anything else, have also did a total memory clear just to be safe..

Further to that, I disabled the hdd and instead of rebooting directly (it just says an internal error has occured, machine will reboot and error will be cleared) It throws an C FCF3 Code.. This: CFCF3 ASIC third sheet memory master access had Completer Abort.. Again this only occures during a print, not copy, not fiery. Not scan. (via print reports function thru control panel) . Service mode prints are fine.

The copy and doc feeder work fine as does the fiery and it's interface. No DSC boards in the device. So that leaves me with the MFPB board correct?

Any input would be appreciated!

Regards!

A.

CompyTech
10-30-2014, 11:23 PM
I would guess the mfpb as well. I would definitely get a ticket going with ssd , and file warranty on that sucker.

Also did you reformat the hdd?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Phrag
10-30-2014, 11:45 PM
I once had a C452 (Yes, I'm aware it's not a C454e) which would hang briefly, then reboot. It only seemed to happen from the one PC at the time.

This PC was being used to create graphic heavy brochures in Adobe InDesign.

The EMF Spool file was getting ridiculously large, at around 500MB.

I adjusted something in InDesigns Print dialogue about transparency flattening all the way to the right side of the slider (for that option) and worked a treat.

It could be that whatever driver they are using is pushing through some bad instructions, and the internal print controller is getting a migraine and shutting down.

Worth a look?

copytechman
10-31-2014, 04:58 PM
I once had a C452 (Yes, I'm aware it's not a C454e) which would hang briefly, then reboot. It only seemed to happen from the one PC at the time.

This PC was being used to create graphic heavy brochures in Adobe InDesign.

The EMF Spool file was getting ridiculously large, at around 500MB.

I adjusted something in InDesigns Print dialogue about transparency flattening all the way to the right side of the slider (for that option) and worked a treat.

It could be that whatever driver they are using is pushing through some bad instructions, and the internal print controller is getting a migraine and shutting down.

Worth a look?

Thanls for the input!

I actually went so far as to disable the hdd and thats when I got the cfcf3 code. It does it from internal print from the user side (menu - utility - user settings - reports ) but not from service mode prints. And it wasnt connected to any network when the error/reboot occurs. Yes I am thinking mfpb as well but just wanted to see if there was a consensus on it!

Thanks everyone!

A.

Custom Search