PDA

View Full Version : Expanding drum life of bizhub500

Custom Search

DadO
04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Hello KM "brothers in arms" :)
I'm interested in expanding life of bizhub500 drum unit.

Is there any way to do it since constant cleaning of charge and transfer corona, waste toner system, blade isn't helping (every 30 to 50k copies).

I know that life limit is 250k copies or drum or developer but when u take, for example, bizhub 162-3 drum, he reach over 100k copes even if his limit is 40k....

p.s.

replaced drum of bh500 on 260k and now i will have to replace it on 540k

mitchl
04-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Contrary to popular belief not all high mortality parts will last longer than their rated yield. We do get lucky sometimes squeezing extra life out of these items but it not a given on all equipment.

pepper38_cnd
04-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Dad0

You are averaging 270K and wanting more? Myself I would be more concerned abut the cost of a service call every 30 to 50K !

Downunder
04-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Best to replace the drum and starter on specified schedule with this machine. Have experienced some weird faults after it reaches 260,000 plus. Try cutting back on toner. Tech rep mode, tcr, toner. Make the setting -1. If there is toner build up on the front edge of the dev tank and toner spill by reg roller.

DadO
04-27-2008, 10:36 AM
It is periodical service while machine is under warranty and it is not expensive!
Cost obout 40$ :) or less depend of class of the device. And its not bad at all!

In almost 80% of device I discover some faults witch would lead to damage and i worn the user about it since we didn't learn our costumers whit this approach of service but we are doing it now

In here when u tell costumer after long time and heavy usage of machine that it have damaged parts and a bill is over aprox. over 100-150$ they refuse to pay or they will pay but 3-4 months later... and yes, it is our fault and everybody else we didn't teach them otherwise

p.s.
downunder, I have toner build up on dev unit :) probably developer has weaken THX A LOT!

Custom Search