PDA

View Full Version : FK-502 Installation on a Bizhub 600

Custom Search

visaliagraph
10-30-2014, 11:02 PM
I purchased a FK-502 fax kit with mount and installed it following instructions to the letter. It still will not fax and upon trying to sort out the service manual to trace the problem the rabbit hole just got bigger. The machine see's the board and I can force a dial tone in service mode, but out of SM the machine doesn't seem to see it at all. No Fax selection in the Admin settings. Is there something simple I am overlooking? Anyone put one of these in? Any help guarantees my appreciation!

Jeff.

Mr Spock
10-31-2014, 12:00 AM
three things come to mind
1 did you initialize the board in service mode
2 did you set the market area correct in service mode
3 is the phone line in the line plug and not the phone jack on the fax board

visaliagraph
10-31-2014, 12:23 AM
three things come to mind
1 did you initialize the board in service mode
2 did you set the market area correct in service mode
3 is the phone line in the line plug and not the phone jack on the fax board

Thanks for the reply. Covered those bases and I can select fax and input a destination number but it errors and says to check the log, but I can't seem to find any log with details and the details button is no help. Just says error. I bought this thing used, starting to wonder if it works?

laitang
10-31-2014, 11:46 AM
Did you have FK-502 installation manual?

visaliagraph
10-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Did you have FK-502 installation manual?

Yes and followed it to the letter. The user manual however says to set the header info before the machine can be used as a fax, but when I enter admin settings there is no fax settings button at all. All is well in service mode but not on the administrator side it seems.

emujo
10-31-2014, 07:20 PM
the 502 was used over a wide range of mfps. try loading the bh600 firmware on it. maybe it thinks it's still in a different machine. emujo

Custom Search