PDA

View Full Version : CQ C280 dots all over prints

Custom Search

copier tech
10-31-2014, 12:58 PM
I hope someone can help, no idea what causes this. It prints the gradation prints perfecty, all other copies or prints have these dots!

i've tried updating the firmware.

I thought the laser but it prints gradation pattens ok.

mo0651
10-31-2014, 02:25 PM
Has this machine gotten reset , initialized, or a new NVRAM???

copier tech
10-31-2014, 02:30 PM
None of that yet no

EarthKmTech
10-31-2014, 04:48 PM
MFP board or ram.

try the ram first, if no go, mfp, problem solved.

habik
10-31-2014, 04:48 PM
Try set it up as if it was new machine.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

BizTech
10-31-2014, 05:26 PM
C360 have a nasty habit of their mfp's failing for no reason. I havent had those same dots, but train tracks and other image distortions on a couple and it has always taken a mfp board :(

I think the initial setup lines are different than those, i think they are solid bars. but it will display them if its been reset or somtehing. to get rid of those lines you have to run through the initial setup again, doing touch panel adjustment < a couple more things> and ending with the gradation adjustment.

copier tech
10-31-2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks for all the info, I don't feel it's an initial install type fault as the lines look different, I did however go through the setup anyway. I have another c280 I can take an MFP from, i'll try the ram first. If I do fit a used MFP board will I loose all the machine/customers settings, IP, address book etc? If so I guess I can import/export those settings. Also fitting a used MFP board will I get that license management error message!?

nvram
10-31-2014, 08:29 PM
Hi, you can keep the mfp and the nvram together from your other machine to try to diagnose the fault on this machine, you will get licence man error, but this way if the fault is not the mfp you can refit the original without the management error, if you find that the mfp is at fault and fit the mfp from the other machine make sure the firmware level is the same otherwise you will end up having to format the hdd, then you will lose your scan settings, otherwise you should only get the licence management error, which is easily fixed by obtaining a repair code from konicas LMS.

copier tech
11-02-2014, 07:19 PM
If I fit the MFP from my good machine, can I use the NVRAM from the faulty c280, or is it best to keep the NVRAM on the original MFP boards?
Can I avoid the licence management error? what boards do I swap from my working c280 to my faulty C280, how about counter readings, will they change over? sorry for all the questions but I'm looking for a the quickest & simplest fix!

EarthKmTech
11-02-2014, 09:02 PM
If I fit the MFP from my good machine, can I use the NVRAM from the faulty c280, or is it best to keep the NVRAM on the original MFP boards?
Can I avoid the licence management error? what boards do I swap from my working c280 to my faulty C280, how about counter readings, will they change over? sorry for all the questions but I'm looking for a the quickest & simplest fix!

Counters, machine settings and hard drive format key are on the nvram among other stuff. it should stay with the machine it came with.

If you want the easiest fix of all use a brand new mfp board, drop it in, update firmware and away it goes.

copier tech
11-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Thanks, but do I need to take the NVRAM off the dead c280 board & fit it to to used good MFP board!?

copier tech
11-03-2014, 10:41 AM
I have removed the complete cage with the two boards, if I was to fit this would this swap the serial number & counters? Where are these held, the small square board in my picture? This is the first time i've had to swap boards on a KM so am a little nervous!

habik
11-03-2014, 07:07 PM
I have removed the complete cage with the two boards, if I was to fit this would this swap the serial number & counters? Where are these held, the small square board in my picture? This is the first time i've had to swap boards on a KM so am a little nervous!

Swap just the MFP board and keep the original NV RAM from your broken machine. As this image problem is most likely caused by MFP printer board logics. (Static electricity/ Power surge/ Several switch OFF/ON by the power socket or unplugged by cleaner to plug their vac.
Btw, there is a bit more than to changing MFP+NV RAM at the same time... as there is link to few more service board and IU's etc..

Just do as EarthKmTech recommended! Simple ;)

Don't you have a Parts Manual?

copier tech
11-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Thanks for all the advice.
I swapped the complete cage with all boards in it, this fixed the fault however it now has the serial & meter from the other machine.
I guess I should have just fitted the MFP board as sugested!
If I need to put the original serial back do I just need the fit the original nvram back? & is this the nvram in my pic below?

minimerlin
11-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Thanks for all the advice.
I swapped the complete cage with all boards in it, this fixed the fault however it now has the serial & meter from the other machine.
I guess I should have just fitted the MFP board as sugested!
If I need to put the original serial back do I just need the fit the original nvram back? & is this the nvram in my pic below? That finger is not pointing at the NVRAM mainly because the NVRAM is mounted on the MFP PWB which is the board to the left of the PRCB which is clearly marked on your picture. Do you not have a service manual?

copier tech
11-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Thanks, yes I have the service manual. Not had much time to research this fault, but I guess i'll reserve some time to locate the nvram!

minimerlin
11-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Thanks, yes I have the service manual. Not had much time to research this fault, but I guess i'll reserve some time to locate the nvram!If you look at your main picture, on the MFP board, there is a smaller board top left with a white battery....that board is the beastie!

nvram
11-03-2014, 10:13 PM
It looks like the mfp is at fault, you can put the mfp on from your other machine, with your original nvram, you need to make sure that the firmware on your replacement board is at the same level as your nvram, you will in any case get the licence management error, unless of course, as previously advised you fit a brand new mfp.

Custom Search