PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta 420 not recognizing network

Custom Search

brent
10-31-2014, 06:29 PM
so I just installed a ic 204 into a well used bizhub 420 in the field. the network tab was present in the admin mode. it had me enable the network. shut off. boom number 5 tab is gone no network key any thoughts>
I wanted to beat the hell out of this old machine because I hated them anyways just the customer wont upgrade but wants to keep using as a printer. any thoughts?
thanks you all

brent

blackcat4866
11-01-2014, 01:16 AM
Does it have the optional print server? These machines do not come with the print function standard. =^..^=

brent
11-01-2014, 01:36 AM
yes I mentioned I instslled an ic 204. I am hoping it is something simple. I had a 423 do it once. I had to simply shut the machine on and off seceral times

blackcat4866
11-01-2014, 01:42 AM
I had a bizhub 501 that I set up in an account, that I only saw the network tab once that first day during setup. After that it never came up again. It printed normally. I could edit the network data from the web interface, but not from the panel. I don't have a good explanation. =^..^=

brent
11-01-2014, 02:46 AM
i seen the network tab earlier. So it's gone now. I will have the network guru just try to ping it. That is their job. So they can just ping then? I was thinking I would have to input the IP address before we got started ?

blackcat4866
11-02-2014, 12:59 AM
I've been reviewing the installation instructions, and there's nothing too complicated. just to make sure the little notch on the chip matches the socket, and that it goes in the socket labelled IC, and that the machine was Off when you did it.

Initially the MFP should be set to DHCP, so it should get assigned an address.

I would print the network configuration page to see if it prints the current IP. If yes, use that to the web interface. If no, use the hostname or Mac address from the config report and NetScan to find out what address it was assigned. =^..^=

brent
11-05-2014, 07:29 PM
yes the machine was off and unplugged when I installed the chip. so I will go up there on my next call and see whats up. and if the network tab
is on the screen or not. and if it isn't and I am not the networker. but if we connect the cat 5 cable and I can't set an ip from the screen
is there a way to still connect to it? I can ask the system administrator there as well

thanks

brent

emujo
11-05-2014, 07:35 PM
I would verify that you don't have the IC 204 plugged into the SC slot 1st. These MFPs had firmware phases, it's possible that either the MFP or the chip firmware don't match for a working configuration. Try updating firmware to latest and greatest. It can't hurt to do a initialization if all else fails. Emujo

brent
11-05-2014, 07:38 PM
its In the correct slot... I verified. I knew I should have not put the damn back cover on before I verified it worked lol

brent

emujo
11-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Take the chip out...if all comes back as before, find a replacement IC. Emujo

brent
11-05-2014, 09:06 PM
I wll try to reseat it. like I said I had this happen on another machine with a standard controller. the on and off button like 10 times finally worked.. but then again.. I am 41 and may have forgot some of the other steps.. lol

thanks
brent

Custom Search