PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C550 Misfeed on exit

Custom Search

mearmi
11-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Konica Minolta C550 Getting Misfeed after every 6-7 Pages.

It seems something blocking the paper in the middle of it. Near Exit Guide.

Please find the attached picture and advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Mearmi

EarthKmTech
11-01-2014, 01:11 AM
the exit actuator in that unit can come out of position causing the problem your having intermittently.

That is the bad version exit assembly with the squeaky rollers, I always fit the later black roller exit unit from c452 series at the first excuse to do so.

also, if the paper is crashing into the gate of the reversal unit, make sure it is springing back correctly to the central position firmly. if you can move it and it stays where you move it to its a fail. The pins on the reversal gate get plastic dust build up and cause stiff operation and paper jamming in this area too. I clean and lubricate them with plastic grease on these occasions for another million pages of trouble free printing. Disassembly requird.

Other issues that can cause this is a worn out eject drive unit, not sending drive to this exit unit or the fusing drive unit bushing that sends drive to the eject drive unit through the back of the machine, if this gear has excess play this can cause the problem too.

And ofcourse lets not forget, plain old crap / moist paper.

mearmi
11-01-2014, 01:27 AM
the exit actuator in that unit can come out of position causing the problem your having intermittently.

That is the bad version exit assembly with the squeaky rollers, I always fit the later black roller exit unit from c452 series at the first excuse to do so.

also, if the paper is crashing into the gate of the reversal unit, make sure it is springing back correctly to the central position firmly. if you can move it and it stays where you move it to its a fail. The pins on the reversal gate get plastic dust build up and cause stiff operation and paper jamming in this area too. I clean and lubricate them with plastic grease on these occasions for another million pages of trouble free printing. Disassembly requird.

Other issues that can cause this is a worn out eject drive unit, not sending drive to this exit unit or the fusing drive unit bushing that sends drive to the eject drive unit through the back of the machine, if this gear has excess play this can cause the problem too.

And ofcourse lets not forget, plain old crap / moist paper.

Many Thanks for your reply.
So shall we replace the Exit Assembly?

Thanks and Regards,

Mearmi

EarthKmTech
11-01-2014, 01:33 AM
they are only my experiences, you will have to judge for yourself as to the correct path to take depending on what you can see it doing :cool:

Custom Search