PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Faded Calibration Print (34 Sorted patched)

Custom Search

PrintFacility
11-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Greeting,

BizHub C7000 with Fiery RIP

I have been struggling with this new issue and I feel like I have narrowed down the problem. I would like the senior/experienced technicians to confirm my results or correct me if I am wrong. 3 days ago I noticed that a lot of business card just printed had the small orange text faded at different areas (10pt font, picture attached). All the other items (graphics and text) which were mostly navy blue were fine. Coincidentally, the next job was a flyer which also had orange graphics and 12pt orange text, but only the small text was printing washed out. The big blocks of orange were all fine (picture attached).

I decided to Calibrate the machine through the RIP and to my surprise Cyan, Magenta & Yellow were all washed out and missing the block "e", "j" & "p" on all three colors (CMY). The black however was normal (Picture attached). I had changed black developer the day before because it was toning up on the far end of the paper, so I thought that maybe the other 3 needed to be changed as well so I changed only the yellow to see if that was the direction we should go, but unfortunately nothing changed after replacing the yellow developer. One of the techs suggested that it could be the transfer unit, so i replaced it with a spare one we had but still no difference.

I then printed a few test patterns from service mode (53, 54, 55, 58, 80) and they were all great, no fading. So my conclusion is that something changed at the Fiery level, we have a 6500 but I don't think that the C7000 will print from C6500's Fiery. What should I do to fix this problem. Greatly appreciate any help.

RRodgers
11-01-2014, 11:28 PM
What are you using to calibrate the Fiery?

PrintFacility
11-02-2014, 01:54 AM
X-Rite ES 1000, what do you think it can be? Greatly appreciate your response.

methogod
11-02-2014, 09:14 AM
something is wrong beside calibration.

to be sure run a few test prints.

see if its the engine or the rip....

then we can get it in why why your black is there but the other three are not...

msg me on skype if you need help...

Saghir377
11-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Hope you find the salutation but if you are still fighting do not stop it and keep try different ideas. what i fond from your detailed msg. it is from Fiery if you have any spare fiery confirm it by changing fiery and maybe some communication errors because of cable between fiery and machine ( it happened in old print server rip 6500) also Reprogram the fiery.

Custom Search