PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica Minolta c554 Bypass tray jamming

Custom Search

Vy2
11-03-2014, 10:03 PM
I recently upgraded from a bizhub c253 to this machine. I have been having jamming problems it shows that number 5 and number 11 is where the jam is normally. I am feeding it coverstock paper that is thinner than the max thickness that the machine can handle. My sister noticed that there is usually a click before it jams. Any suggestions or thoughts ?

Thanks in advance!

Mr Spock
11-03-2014, 11:23 PM
check the firmware. There is an update for this issue.

Vy2
11-05-2014, 09:23 PM
check the firmware. There is an update for this issue.

First, thank you for replying!
The machine is not hooked up to the internet, it is on a router, but the router does not have access to the web. Is there any way to update the firmware with a USB stick?

wseyller
11-06-2014, 04:25 AM
USB is how its done most of the time. Only way to update over network is if you host the firmware file yourself over http or ftp protocol. Firmware is normally only available to Konica Minolta techs that have login to the KM tech site unless you can get it by other means.

Vy2
11-06-2014, 03:51 PM
USB is how its done most of the time. Only way to update over network is if you host the firmware file yourself over http or ftp protocol. Firmware is normally only available to Konica Minolta techs that have login to the KM tech site unless you can get it by other means.

I am on the hunt for the firmware now. Thanks!!

emujo
11-06-2014, 03:59 PM
I recently upgraded from a bizhub c253 to this machine. I have been having jamming problems it shows that number 5 and number 11 is where the jam is normally. I am feeding it coverstock paper that is thinner than the max thickness that the machine can handle. My sister noticed that there is usually a click before it jams. Any suggestions or thoughts ?

Thanks in advance!

Post photo of sister....

Vy2
11-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Post photo of sister....

lol. She's not a tiny girl imagining clicks :P

now if you can direct me to where our secret stash of firmware is that would be awesome! lol

Vy2
11-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Do you guys have a service manual for a c454e machine by any chance?

habik
11-06-2014, 06:52 PM
lol. She's not a tiny girl imagining clicks :P

now if you can direct me to where our secret stash of firmware is that would be awesome! lol

KONICA MINOLTA Japan | (http://www.konicaminolta.jp/)

habik
11-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Do you guys have a service manual for a c454e machine by any chance?

The man with Manuals ...had it.

Vy2
11-06-2014, 07:32 PM
The man with Manuals ...had it.

I managed to find the firmware, i just need to figure out how to install it. I tried looking for the service manual to enter the service mode, but it's currently not happening. I thought it would be the same entry keys as the c253s, but i guess not....thoughts?

Vy2
11-06-2014, 07:48 PM
I managed to get to the service password entering section...the only problem is getting the password...:mad:

habik
11-06-2014, 08:18 PM
To flash the machine you don't need to access service unless you need to know what firmware is currently loaded. This can be found also found on the Page Scope Web Interface. (IP address of the machine)
Format USB stick to fat32 and copy to the root of it the contents of the firmware. Then put it in the Service usb port on the side (rear under screwed plate) and switch the machine ON. Firmware ver will show on display and you either press start or leave it for it to download automatically.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

emujo
11-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Since you didn't go ape shit over the "sister" comment...
You should have a ZIP file for the firmware, extract, then open the folder, there should be 3 files within the extracted folder, leave the "maketar, and CW" files alone, open the other folder. This contains all the files needed for the update. Copy the entire contents of this folder and paste it on the root of a FAT32 formatted USB drive. Near the network jack on the MFP you will see a cover that is secured by one screw, remove this screw. Power off the MFP, insert your usb into this port and power on. After some time, 3-15 min, the update screen should appear. All choices are YES by default, you can either press start, or just let it go on it's own. When finished, power off, remove USB and power on. It will take a little longer than usual for the MFP to come to ready, so don't panic. Emujo

Phrag
11-07-2014, 12:24 AM
It will take a little longer than usual for the MFP to come to ready, so don't panic.

But I always do.

JR2ALTA
11-07-2014, 02:28 AM
Forget the firmware.

Make sure the machine reads the actual size of the paper you are loading. It should always stay at "auto detect" if its hardset for 8.5x11 and you load 11.17 it will jam every every every time. Also for longer paper such as 11x17 8.5x14 you need to extend the length tray on the bypass so the sensors can see how long the paper is.

Also, make sure you're paper is within specs, if it runs fine with regular 20lb paper. its either your paper or play around with paper type settings for best results

jamesden
11-13-2014, 07:49 PM
also try the new type pick up roller A5C1562200
it will also do for the cassettes where and when customers have difficult paper conditions/environments

wseyller
11-13-2014, 11:07 PM
Is this a C554 or a c554e. Because I thought the controller jam firmware issue bulletin #9413 was only for the E series. There is no mention of this issue with a C554 firmware release notes.

Custom Search