PDA

View Full Version : 4550CI C-5101

Custom Search

dikyo
11-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Hi,

I have a 4550CI that gives an error C-5101

Mostly early in the morning immediatly after switching on the machine.
Sometimes the machine works normal en it gives the error during a printjob.

I already replaced: Drumunit (incl. maincharger)
main HV board
engineboard
main pwb.

........................but still the same code.

What can be the solution of this problem?

thanks in advance.

Grtz.

Dikyo

yakyitz
11-04-2014, 07:53 PM
It is probably just the main charger roller. But, after replacing be sure to run relevant maint modes from U952 workflow, and be sure to reset charge roller count in U930

Tonerkiller
11-05-2014, 12:39 AM
I had this once because the drum ground, on the unit that you remove to get the drums out, was bent. Bent it in so it makes better contact.

MDR24
11-05-2014, 11:41 AM
I had the same message yesterday. I changed the drum/charge and the C-5101 code was resolved. Just had the customer phone in today at 8:30 with the same problem, after a few power cycles the machine is now up and running. I think it may have something to do with the cold weather affecting the drum and charge roller. I looked at sim327 (cassette heater) but have noticed this range of machine they are a option, i'm currently testing out a voyager cassette heater in a ta3050ci in our workshop. The only difference there seems to be is the length of cable. If the customer phones back with the same fault tomorrow morning, our next step will be fitting a voyager cassette heater to the alphard. Will keep you up to date.

Good Luck!

MDR24
11-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Update

Customer phoned in again yesterday morning with the same problem. I revisited site and fitted the cassette heater. I also cleared sim930 as I stupidly forgot to check it.

I searched the C5101 code using the thread finder on a number of sites and find it a bit of a coincidence how all posts about the C5101 code are around winter time?

I haven't recieved a phone call since fitting the cassette heater and clearing 930 although last night was a much milder night.

Fingers crossed this has solved my problem.

Trigger
11-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Update

Customer phoned in again yesterday morning with the same problem. I revisited site and fitted the cassette heater. I also cleared sim930 as I stupidly forgot to check it.

I searched the C5101 code using the thread finder on a number of sites and find it a bit of a coincidence how all posts about the C5101 code are around winter time?

I haven't recieved a phone call since fitting the cassette heater and clearing 930 although last night was a much milder night.

Fingers crossed this has solved my problem.

Surely when you replace the Drum Unit you would have done a SIM-119 to set the charger target value which also resets SIM-930. School boy error :p

daveh12
11-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Hi all

having the same problem with same model of machine. Have replaced the K drum and charge with sim U119. But to no avail. All connections seem okay etc , sometimes a power cycle clears the error sometimes it needs a sim U906. Can colder temperatures really be affecting the machine in this way? Doesn't seem to be a service bulletin on this.

jmaister
11-30-2015, 04:21 PM
if the machine is left to freeze overnight, no temperture control, this is bound to happen.

The first thing machine goes through after being powered up is warming cycle. What does that do, condensation starts to show. Where?

Everywhere.

What I do is I pull all the charge roller out, let it sit exposed to room temperature for about a few minutes and then it should be ok for "that day".

As to why there's no service bulletin on this, probably is due to operating outside of specified environment? just a guess.
*assuming room temperature = 25c, otherwise no cure.

Custom Search